E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2 Things, M5 Bumper and Xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks man really appreciate the info, have you seen these other ones though check them out, Ive been trying to see if anyone has more info on these.

link:
Online Store of Performance Car Lighting, Car Accessories, Wiper Blades and Bulbs for Bmw E60 Serie 5 - Optima Auto Style
Old 06-17-2013, 10:28 AM
New Members

Yeah you cab get it coded out. Or you could code it yourself. It's not that hard, if you're technically inclined. If you're not into computers and tech, just pay to have it done. Information overload.

Here's a pic of my 2010 550 (LCI) with an m-tech bumper (projector fogs). Whole thing set me back $950 (painted/installed). Bumper itself was $479. :

Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
New Members

yea bro thanks, good info Ill am a little tech savvy but not sure on what it is I would need other a laptop and that software right? and the cables to connect it to the car but thats it Ive seen videos on youtube on how guys coded their cars and all but seems confusing, I guess because I havent really done it.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Members

If you got OEM xenon's and it still displays adaptive malfunction you probably should erase error codes and see that happen.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by docsilva
hey thanks man really appreciate the info, have you seen these other ones though check them out, Ive been trying to see if anyone has more info on these.

link:
Online Store of Performance Car Lighting, Car Accessories, Wiper Blades and Bulbs for Bmw E60 Serie 5 - Optima Auto Style
Man I'd LOVE to get some of those. I have all the color on the exterior of my car gone (all black and the 'Amber' and clear glass on the headlights is all I have left. I, too, would LOVE some more info on these!!!!!

But they ARE Halogens. I have a 2010, so I have Bi-Xenon and adaptive. I probably couldn't use these w/o heavy modification. I'd need to put bi/xenon or HID into the housing, or use OEM lights and upgraded AE into this assembly. Could get crazy VERY quickly

But some info on beam pattern, and quality, yeah I'm interested

Last edited by ronmexico; 06-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by docsilva
yea bro thanks, good info Ill am a little tech savvy but not sure on what it is I would need other a laptop and that software right? and the cables to connect it to the car but thats it Ive seen videos on youtube on how guys coded their cars and all but seems confusing, I guess because I havent really done it.
You need the right cable (K+DCAN/OBD2) . You can get one from multiple places, I got mine from Amazon
Amazon.com: Loftek Interface USB OBD2 OBD II for BMW - INPA/ Ediabas - K+ DCAN: Automotive Amazon.com: Loftek Interface USB OBD2 OBD II for BMW - INPA/ Ediabas - K+ DCAN: Automotive

It came with the software and drivers. Then all you need is a windows PC (xp is easier, but Win7 WILL work)and hell, if you wanna use a desktop, you can. But yes, a laptop is much easier

BMW Coding Forum to get started . It's a lot of info, but theres some good guides I can get you if you get your cable. Dont listen to them about their approved cable, it's twice the price and doesn't work on some ECU's. This cable works on all e generation BMW's (39, 60, etc). The cables all come from china, so it will be a few WEEKS before you can get it. Even from amazon.

Once you get it all setup (there are easy guides, rather than confusing vidoes) it's not that bad. IMO at least.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM
New Members

hey thanks bro really appreciate it, Ill look into it and see if I can order it by the weekend and get in contact with you since you already know how it works and all, thanks again buddy.