E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2 Things, M5 Bumper and Xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Things, M5 Bumper and Xenon Headlights

So i recently sold my 530i which I loved, and now I have a 2006 550I which is WOW, I love the engine and all its little rich details. Now, this is my question, I want to upgrade the front bumper to an m5 I dont care if its not oem, where is the cheapest place to get it? One thing I didnt notice about the car, yes yes I know I shouldve carfaxed it but I didnt, car is a clean title however I ran the report after to find out it had been in an accident ( right front corner fender and bumper replaced along with headlights, bags never deployed so thats good, however I didnt realize till I got home that my e60 DOESNT have xenons, I was like WHAAT!!! the previous owner i guess decided to install halogens cuz they are cheaper, so now this is where I break it down with 2 more questions, If I decided to go back to oem xenons, would they just go in directly (plug and play) or would I have to splice things up and see what this guy did in order to get these halogens running and take it from there? Or will these work for me? I saw them on ebay and they look like lci headlamps but state that they work for 04-07 or something like that, here is the link:

Fit Original Car with HID Kit E60 523i 525i Angel Eyes LED Headlight 2004 07Year | eBay

I would really appreciate your help fellas please let me know what my best options are, thank you once again.

Last edited by docsilva; 06-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

trinity autosport
Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi black

I just ordered my mtech front bumper the other day from trinity, ill let you know how the whole transaction works out
Old 06-14-2013, 05:31 PM
New Members

hey thanks guys, good looking out, I also solved my problem with the xenons, there is girl that works with me who drives a 525 and I just asked her if she sold me her headlights and I would give her mine, told her Id give her $200 and my halogens for hers and she said "sure i dont care as long as im able to see at night"
Old 06-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by docsilva
hey thanks guys, good looking out, I also solved my problem with the xenons, there is girl that works with me who drives a 525 and I just asked her if she sold me her headlights and I would give her mine, told her Id give her $200 and my halogens for hers and she said "sure i dont care as long as im able to see at night"

damn, what year is her car, you should get her rear tail lights too, if they are LCI.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Members

I believe that 2006 550i comes with xenon’s stock. If halogens were fitted at some point you should have error on the dash, unless your car was extensively coded to accept halogens. Do you have any error code?

Originally Posted by docsilva
e60 DOESNT have xenons, I was like WHAAT!!! the previous owner i guess decided to install halogens cuz they are cheaper, so now this is where I break it down with 2 more questions, If I decided to go back to oem xenons, would they just go in directly (plug and play) or would I have to splice things up and see what this guy did in order to get these halogens running and take it from there? Or will these work for me? I saw them on ebay and they look like lci headlamps but state that they work for 04-07 or something like that, here is the link:

Fit Original Car with HID Kit E60 523i 525i Angel Eyes LED Headlight 2004 07Year | eBay

I would really appreciate your help fellas please let me know what my best options are, thank you once again.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 AM
New Members

Yea your exactly right i have a adaptive headlight malfunction thats the error malfunction that pops up on my idrive
Old 06-16-2013, 06:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: 545

doc the ones you are looking at on fleabay come from china but are made in taiwan . I know because I was in direct contact with factory and trying to work something out . There are different ones the ones from 04-07 and 08-10 also bi-xenon and regular halogen .
Old 06-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Well, not to the point of extensive, but definitely was re-wired quite a bit for it to be working the way it is now.

To answer your question, no it would not be plug and play, and depending on how the work was performed, you may not need to do any coding at all.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 AM
New Members

so i got my xenons now and yup it was just a plug and play, only difference than when the halogens were installed was the the smaller plug wasnt connected they were just hanging, got my angel eyes and projectors working perfectly, however i still get that adaptive malfunction so I think I just need to get it coded right?

Quick Reply: 2 Things, M5 Bumper and Xenon Headlights