E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2 Minutes!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one gimmick I use is to punch the radio/mute button before starting the car ...one benefit is that you don t have to punch the I drive knob..you never see that annoying legal BS. No delay whatsoever with the I drive screen!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:32 AM
JDN
Contributors

Thanks.

That's certainly worth a try, Dantheman.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Members

I just want to inform you that V12 of CIP is out
maybe you should have them install that on your machine.

I hope it fixes your problem.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:14 AM
JDN
Contributors

Lately, I have been manually activating the PDC button as soon as I turn on the ignition. Not always, but in situations like we were discussing where you are programmed and want more than the beeping of PDC as when backing out of the garage. The graphics come up before the Accept screen if PDC is activated manually. That seems to be the best solution for me.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PeterT' date='Jul 10 2004, 07:23 PM
On my May 2004 525 there is no BMW logo that comes up before the screen reverts to normal iDrive information. Maybe the logic is different in different markets...
There's no BMW logo with Business NAV
Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 AM
khl
Members

So many high-income E60 owners spent so much of their valuable time to figure out the Microsoft problems. I think BMW should hire a FAE to regularly check up this forum and answer/resolve software related issues. Note that, although we all have i-Drive screens, cars built for different countries with different options, TCUs, versions, may behave quite differently. The booting procedure is usually a "reset and checkup" process which may have to perform self repairs before working normally. In some circumstances, the file system may have been damaged or closed improperly due to runtime software bug, then the system may take longer to boot up. Some sensors may be tardy to respond info back to the system which may have caused the system to wait during bootup, ...
There're simply too many possibilities.

khl