E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

16.2 after 30 days

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Well, I have 16.2 now for about 30 days, and if I were to do it all over again, I would wait.

The following are issues I have experienced with this "upgrade":

I have now had I-drive freeze twice (actually go completely blank)
I-drive does NOT want to go from my telephone to my entertainment screen (i can pull it down for 10 seconds and it will not respond)
I have now experienced (for the first and second times) the transmission "slam", which, will scare the BMw out of you
I-drive startup time is still remarkably slow

I have searched and read about the transmission issue, but have been unable to find anyone who has actually found a fix for it. Rudy, I saw your links, and I understand your explanation, but I have steptronic and I need to know if anyone has had their's fixed with via a mechanical repair rather than software.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:46 AM
JDN
Contributors

Wow, Derrick. I feel like I was saved by the bell. I had an appointment for an upgrade to 16.2 today, but an emergency run to Florida has come up so we opted just to do the oil change (13 months) instead. I reminded my SA that I needed to be on the road at oh dark thirty in the morning. The SA has no idea when ver 17 will be at BMW of Dallas. Sigh.

That oil that came out was clean as a whistle. I only changed it because it was a year old and wanted to make sure that there couldn't be any warranty loopholes later. The OBC will call for changing again with the first service in less than 4000 miles. I'll probably do ver 17 then.

BTW - you going to the Lone Star CCA club meeting Tuesday night at the Mini shop of BMW? If I get back by then, I'll probably be there.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by JDN' date='May 13 2005, 10:46 AM
Wow, Derrick. I feel like I was saved by the bell. I had an appointment for an upgrade to 16.2 today, but an emergency run to Florida has come up so we opted just to do the oil change (13 months) instead. I reminded my SA that I needed to be on the road at oh dark thirty in the morning. The SA has no idea when ver 17 will be at BMW of Dallas. Sigh.

That oil that came out was clean as a whistle. I only changed it because it was a year old and wanted to make sure that there couldn't be any warranty loopholes later. The OBC will call for changing again with the first service in less than 4000 miles. I'll probably do ver 17 then.

BTW - you going to the Lone Star CCA club meeting Tuesday night at the Mini shop of BMW? If I get back by then, I'll probably be there.
[snapback]128040[/snapback]
Good to know about the oil. I joined the CCA but I have not received any meeting info, thanks for the heads up, I may go if I can. I would say if you are not having problems, wait for this upgrade.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i alpine white/beige, sport package, nav, premium sound, cold weather

I just had mine done. No problems so far. Had them enable blue tooth at the same time. It's awsome.