E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

$115 Enable mp3

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took my car in for the eye brows issue it's been fixed i've also asked the dealer to enable my mp3 capabilities, there is a charge of $115.00 for the work, i agreed to it it's not expensive for the useful functions, what do you guys think?? Is it fair or is it too much or it should be free? I can't wait to pick up my car today to start using the mp3
Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ivan545' post='370008' date='Dec 21 2006, 03:55 PM
I just took my car in for the eye brows issue it's been fixed i've also asked the dealer to enable my mp3 capabilities, there is a charge of $115.00 for the work, i agreed to it it's not expensive for the useful functions, what do you guys think?? Is it fair or is it too much or it should be free? I can't wait to pick up my car today to start using the mp3
I would pay $300+ to get my ... MP3 to work. But I just can't have it
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ivan545' post='370008' date='Dec 21 2006, 03:55 PM

why would you pay to active something you've bought already?
Old 12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Contributors

is it an option not to pay when they said i have to pay 115 to get it to work, i've already told them that its a feature that it has.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to another dealer to service or call BMW USA to verify.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

I believe with a certain date of 04's there is a TCU replacement needed to activate MP3 capability. So therefor, it was not an option at the time of manufacture. Maybe I'm wrong, but someone please jump in.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='370021' date='Dec 21 2006, 09:29 PM
why would you pay to active something you've bought already?
you could use that same logic to insist that BMW pay for your car to be chipped. All they do is change the engine map, turbo boost etc. BMW could have given you that extra power in the first place, but they didnt...........

cheers

steve
Old 12-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My car was purchased in valencia bmw dealership its about 35 to 40 miles away from my home, and i took it to New century which is about 5 miles away. But my regular dealership always gives me loaner if available or a rental for bringing in my car in for regular service which is still covered my car has 43,000 miles on it right now and when i took it in to new century they don't give out loaners or rentals for customers that didn't purchased their car at their dealership. That is something bmw didn't tell you when you purchased the car, if i had known before hand i would have bought the car at new century which is closer to my house. What can i do now, nothing it's too late and i like the service in valencia very nice even though its further away, i took it to new century my first time and i wanted to see how it was over there since they just have a brand new facility which looks awesome. But i have to see if they will be my regular since it's closer to my house.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Don't pay for it.

You've got the newest software, you only need the activation now. That takes the dealer only a minue to do...
Old 12-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Contributors

Yeah since i read the forum i found out about the mp3 feature everybody on the forum i think got them for free from the SA and from all of your pass posting thats how i came to realize that my eye brows didn't come on, i could of just took it back to my regular dealer, but i'm already stuck at the situation where i took it in to this dealership and they want to charge me, i can only tell the SA when i pick up my car and see what they have to say or they can give me a discount on it if not then i really don't have a choice since i agreed on it and i hope they got it working that is the most important thing. But it's true where you take your car in for service and how your SA treats you, you develop that customer realation and this event will probably make me not bring my car in for service there again if i have to. It is the principal not the money issue. THanks for all of your inputs i will let you know how it goes when i get the car in an hour.

Quick Reply: $115 Enable mp3