E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

1/2 second delay when starting the car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Well said.

It would make all the difference if we saw it on paper instead of thinking something "broke" after the update!

So... I'm not nuts!

Do you notice this on your 645?

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 14 2005, 02:29 PM
[quote name='MEX' date='Jun 14 2005, 12:06 PM']i noticed it too, its pretty anoying!
i don't like it when they mess whith those kind of things, makes me think im crazy, or that there is something wrong with the car
[snapback]139420[/snapback]
That's a good point u bring up. If they don't tell us what was changed (even if it was not broke to us) we are now not sure that we do not have some new problem. Or as u say ? WHAT am I crazy it didn?t that before ? I think They should have a list of fixes/changes with each software release (known as Software Release Notes in some disciplines). I?m sure they not only make changes to problems we report, but have their own engineering and QA folks make recommendations we may not even be aware of and make changes accordingly. We could help improve their process if they would let us into the loop to check these things out. I suppose this would be wasted on the run of the mill owner, but some of us care and we could really capture some good info for BMW.
Just my $0.02 worth.
[snapback]139426[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 14 2005, 02:29 PM
That's a good point u bring up.? If they don't tell us what was changed (even if it was not broke to us) we are now not sure that we do not have some new problem.? Or as u say ? WHAT? ? am I crazy it didn?t? that before ? I think? They should have a list of fixes/changes with each software release (known as Software Release Notes in some disciplines).? I?m sure they not only make changes to problems we report, but have their own engineering and QA folks make recommendations we may not even be aware of and make changes accordingly.? We could help improve their process if they would let us into the loop to check these things out.? I suppose this would be wasted on the run of the mill owner, but some of us care and we could really capture some good info for BMW.
Just my $0.02 worth.
BMW could save a bunch of money and time and just post the software release notes here on this site. The "run of the mill owners" wouldn't be needlessly confused by all this but we'd then know all the details and we could then pass the information along to the dealers!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 14 2005, 10:33 AM
That delay is for the new sensors they installed at the same time - to ensure u r who u say u r.? Fingerprint on the wheel, weight sensor in the seat as well as a butt width sensor in the seat, a new retina scan hidden in the mirror, and breathalyzer placed where one of the mics used to be. U can program it to reject gf or significant other if u so wish. ?
[snapback]139409[/snapback]
Butt Width Sensor?? I Knew I felt something different down there......
Old 06-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 14 2005, 02:29 PM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Jun 14 2005, 02:29 PM']That's a good point u bring up.? If they don't tell us what was changed (even if it was not broke to us) we are now not sure that we do not have some new problem.? Or as u say ? WHAT? ? am I crazy it didn?t? that before ? I think?? They should have a list of fixes/changes with each software release (known as Software Release Notes in some disciplines).? I?m sure they not only make changes to problems we report, but have their own engineering and QA folks make recommendations we may not even be aware of and make changes accordingly.? We could help improve their process if they would let us into the loop to check these things out.? I suppose this would be wasted on the run of the mill owner, but some of us care and we could really capture some good info for BMW.
Just my $0.02 worth.
BMW could save a bunch of money and time and just post the software release notes here on this site. The "run of the mill owners" wouldn't be needlessly confused by all this but we'd then know all the details and we could then pass the information along to the dealers!
[snapback]139475[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wait, Rudy....aren't the "run of the mill owners" and the dealers one in the same??