E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Oct 23 2005, 07:47 AM
eventhough the transmission in this thing is way too jerky for my likes.
[snapback]187565[/snapback]

Really? An automatic being too jerky?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

yeah .. this thing doesn't have enough power to keep it in gear ... slightest push on the accelerator & it downshifts. also when slowing down - applying the brake ... it downshifts very aggressively.... very jerky when in city settings.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

well .. who'd have guessed ... STILL NO PROGRESS ON THE CAR.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

I would be very upset!

Good luck
Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CENTRAL CALI' post='204840' date='Nov 29 2005, 01:11 PM

I would be very upset!

Good luck
You know, I would be upset if I didn't have a 7 series sitting in the driveway. I mean, it's not like I would HAVE to drive the 5. haha

Wizmaster, is that a VW Phaeton in the garage? I am not the best judge of taillights. Also, very nice looking collection of cars though.

My wife got into a car accident while I was out of the country. She had a small coupe and needed some body and mechanical work. We were do displeased with the way the job was finished. We ended up just trading the car in and get something that she wouldn't be afraid would end up killing her down the road. So I have to wish for the best in your situation.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='168353' date='Sep 8 2005, 02:10 PM
[quote name='rodneyremington' date='Sep 8 2005, 03:05 PM']I would be shocked if they total the car.

It's worth $62,000. The only way the insurance company will total it is if it will cost more than $62,000 to fix it. And it won't. They will fix it. Most of the damage is behind the c-pillar, meaning the bulk of the electronics and the engine are intact. That's where the cost is.
[snapback]168348[/snapback]
i doubt it too - i thought total is 80% of higher of value? ... either way .. i highly doubt that it will get totalled ... eventhough there supposedly are buckles in the roof ... i will find out later this afternoon.
gotta hitchhike to the body shop .. lol .. nobody wants to let me borrow their car ...
[/quote]

Dude, if you lived near me I would give you a ride for sure. Glad you are ok, especially since that truck could have had a direct hit on you. Feel lucky, very lucky. Deal with the car later.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='204846
Wizmaster, is that a VW Phaeton in the garage? I am not the best judge of taillights. Also, very nice looking collection of cars though.
Mothers Touareg V8

there are a few other cars in the collection ... but i only have 1 - well .. not anymore i guess.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='204881' date='Nov 29 2005, 02:06 PM
Thats my fathers 745iL

Mothers Touareg V8

there are a few other cars in the collection ... but i only have 1 - well .. not anymore i guess.
Well just snake the keys to the 7 every now and again. Have you begun looking at other year/model/makes to purchase?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' post='168338' date='Sep 8 2005, 01:38 PM
well ... this is my excitement of the day/week/month

Concrete Truck ran a red light speeding ... and then there was me & my little compared to the truck ... 530i ... and of course we all know who won that match.

after 3 hours in the ER ... i'm alright. wrist is sprained, headache ... sore as shit ... can't wait for tomorrow ... car is at the body shop ....
I'll go down there later & take some more detailed pics of the car .. close ups.

here we go .. $63,000 of german engeneering at its best. all airbags deployed on the drivers side ... which was hit.

enjoy.

all these were taken after i left in the EMS truck.
Light a candle and say a prayer as you were driving a reliable car and the lorry didn't T-boned you. My wife's cousin was T-boned by a lorry loaded with gravel in a C class Mercedes few months ago. He is not among us anymore.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mppockaj' post='204894' date='Nov 29 2005, 04:27 PM
Light a candle and say a prayer as you were driving a reliable car and the lorry didn't T-boned you. My wife's cousin was T-boned by a lorry loaded with gravel in a C class Mercedes few months ago. He is not among us anymore.
I realize that I was quite lucky, and the car sure did help and do its job. I don't think that the C class is an inferior car, I believe the C class is a very safe car - eventhough it is a bit smaller & has less cusion space that the e60 5 series. HOWEVER i DOUBT that if the concrete truck would have hit my side by the door where i was sitting .. that i would be walking. due tot he concrete trucks bumpers being so far up, almost where the roof line is ... it makes for a whole different scenario.

I've said it before .. but i doubt that anything but another concrete truck or an original Hummer H1 would protect one from serious injury when getting T-Boned right in the side by such a vehicle.

I appreciate you sharing your story. Hope your family is dealing & coping with the loss well. :-/

--mp

Quick Reply: '06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck