E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Wow..............Bummer about your ride my friend, but very glad you came out with only some bruises and sprains, the car can always be replaced or repaired. I certainly would light a couple of candles to whatever diety you might believe it. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

The most important thing is that nothing happen to you. In my opinion this car has to have frame damage, therefore this car has to be written of as a Total Loss. I saw cars that has less damage done to it and they were Total Loss.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2014 535d M-Sport, sold 2006 530i Olivine Green, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation System

Glad you made it through this ordeal. Hopefully the recovery of you and yours and your repaired and/or next vehicle will be even less painful.

Best regards,
Gordie
Austin, TX
Old 09-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wooo crazy! Looks like the 350Z roof is pretty hard. Nice to know. Glad you walked away from that one.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Members

Glad to hear that you are doing OK and walked away from the accident. your health is much more important the car and what the insurance company does. from someone who knows the 5 series and what insurance companies do, your car will be declared a "structural total".

You should insist on full value replacement cost. YOU are entitled to "diminished value" for any financial loss that you may have incured due to the accident since it was not your fault.

get an attorney and have him deal with the insurance company. BTW, your ins. company is going to collect from the cement truck's insurance company.

your best chance is to deal with them for loss of use, pain & suffering and possible future medical bills.

stick to your guns.

BMW makes some of the BEST CARS in the WORLD

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 8 2005, 02:38 PM
well ... this is my excitement of the day/week/month

Concrete Truck ran a red light speeding ...? and then there was me & my little compared to the truck ... 530i ... and of course we all know who won that match.

after 3 hours in the ER ... i'm alright. wrist is sprained, headache ...? sore as shit ... can't wait for tomorrow ...? car is at the body shop ....
I'll go down there later & take some more detailed pics of the car .. close ups.

here we go .. $63,000 of german engeneering at its best. all airbags deployed on the drivers side ... which was hit.

enjoy.

rest of the images are here:
http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/v/cars/album26/Wreck/

all these were taken after i left in the EMS truck.
[snapback]168338[/snapback]
Old 09-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

It's always bad to experience a crash and you were lucky!
One advice: be sure your car gets written off as a total loss, if not...start looking for a new baby and take the money they offer you.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

urg. yesterday i finally got a rental car .. had to argue with Insurance to get me something "comparable" .. so its a '05 Cadillac DeVille ... V8 Northstar ... better than a Ford Focus.

Today the bodyshop owner called me & informed me that the adjuster stopped by monday, and sent over his estimate this morning .. a FUCKING JOKE! ... they wrote up about .. $8,000 - $9,000 ... however had NOT a single airbag, no rear shelf, no rear inner structual parts ... no tires .. barely any electronics ...

lol ... so now the bodyshop will take the car apart & write their estimate since the adjuster seems quite incapable of writing a somewaht decent estimate. fucking tool. ... sorry .. pissed because they wasted another week. tomorow it happened 3 weeks ago, and we don't even have an estimate yet. NO PARTS ORDERED .... NOTHING ON THE WAY.

but i'm running up their rental bill @ $49.50/day.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 28 2005, 07:47 PM
urg. yesterday i finally got a rental car .. had to argue with Insurance to get me something "comparable" .. so its a '05 Cadillac DeVille ... V8 Northstar ... better than a Ford Focus.

Today the bodyshop owner called me & informed me that the adjuster stopped by monday, and sent over his estimate this morning .. a FUCKING JOKE! ... they wrote up about .. $8,000 - $9,000 ... however had NOT a single airbag, no rear shelf, no rear inner structual parts ... no tires .. barely any electronics ...

lol ... so now the bodyshop will take the car apart & write their estimate since the adjuster seems quite incapable of writing a somewaht decent estimate. fucking tool. ... sorry .. pissed because they wasted another week. tomorow it happened 3 weeks ago, and we don't even have an estimate yet. NO PARTS ORDERED .... NOTHING ON THE WAY.

but i'm running up their rental bill @ $49.50/day.
[snapback]176630[/snapback]
wow...keep us posted....
Old 09-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributors

Too bad they didn't total it, but hopefully it can be repaired to your satisfaction pretty soon.

Haven't read this thread in awhile, but what insurance are you under? Also, make sure that you use a high end bodyshop that comes recommended. Since you're going to be paying, might as well have the best.

Thanks for warm regards involving my accident as well.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

$8-$9k?? What a laugh! Has this guy checked out the price of parts for an E60 AT ALL??

What an incompetent boob. I would be shocked if it cost a penny less than $25k to get that thing back on the road. Seriously, once we get all the Enron crooks in jail, let's go after the second most corrupt industry in the US-- insurance.

Quick Reply: '06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck