E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

On man ouch!!! Glad you're not too hurt... I saw your thread first on Audizine... then decided to look here... Wonder how I missed this thread till now.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.p...&threadid=63304
Old 09-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I can fix it! My dad has an awesome set of tools...

More seriously, I'm glad you're okay -- that's what's important. Keep up posted on the status of the car.

Two quick questions though:

Was the water bottle that's sitting on the rear shelf in the cupholder before the impact? Did you use a tripod to take the body shop pictures?
Old 09-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

the water bottle was in my lap before the accident ... since the cup holders honestly aren't worth a sh*t for small bottles/cans.
and no, the tripod that i had in the trunk at the time of the accident got damaged. those were freehanded. thats why some pics are a bit blurry.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Glad to see you are okay.. Your car took a serious hit.. I am amazed how well it kepped up on this crash.

I hope it is totalled!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 9 2005, 09:07 AM
and no, the tripod that i had in the trunk at the time of the accident got damaged. those were freehanded. thats why some pics are a bit blurry.
[snapback]168661[/snapback]
I'm amazed you were able to hold the camera that still since the details of the photos show some pretty slow shutter speeds without a flash. Impressive!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

i usually have a pretty stable hand ... but yesterday i was shaking ... my legs are still a bit weak .. .sometimes i feel like my knees are giving in.

neck & back pains are def. here today ... NOW i reallly feel like i got run over my a cement truck.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Sep 9 2005, 02:52 PM
i usually have a pretty stable hand ... but yesterday i was shaking ... my legs are still a bit weak .. .sometimes i feel like my knees are giving in.

neck & back pains are def. here today ... NOW i reallly feel like i got run over my a cement truck.
[snapback]168861[/snapback]
Wiszmaster,

Sorry about your accident, but I?m glad that you are ok.

I took my E60 to the dealer today for some work under warranty and was given a new 330i as a loaner. I have to admit, I?m pretty impressed! It handles well, a lot of power and interior that you can compare to E60 (door handles on the inside remind me of those form 7 series). On of the best features is the START/STOP button. Also, I think that you can get i-drive as an option. Another thing that looked kind of cool was the exterior handles (all for of them) have xenon pathway lighting underneath them.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Glad you're okay and a speedy recovery to you. A speedy recovery to your friend as well.

If they total it, you shouldn't be that bad financially as long as you have gap insurance.

About a month ago, I was involved in an accident in which the car rolled over a few times. Money wise, I really didn't care that much as I was lucky to be alive. I had pics too, but for some reason, I felt kind of embarrassed about showing people at the time
Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Contributors

WOW ... Glad to hear your OK. But I'm with you, you get what you pay for. Good luck with your insurance co.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Sep 9 2005, 05:49 PM
About a month ago, I was involved in an accident in which the car rolled over a few times.? Money wise, I really didn't care that much as I was lucky to be alive.? I had pics too, but for some reason, I felt kind of embarrassed about showing people at the time
[snapback]168912[/snapback]
you rolled your 545i?

post up some pictures, if you don't mind.
Glad you are alright too!

Quick Reply: '06 BMW 530i Vs. Schwab ReadyMix Concrete Truck