E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 530i disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i Silver Gray Metallic, auto, winter package, premium package, black leather.

I took deliver of my 530i on May 11, 2005. Since that date I have taken it back to the dealer, Jackie Cooper, Oklahoma City, 7 times for warranty work. The dealership is 125 miles from my home.

Today was the last straw in the disappointment I have for BWM. After waiting for 3 weeks to get an appointment, I took the car in for a problem with the sunroof. After the repair was made I opened the car door to drive home and I noticed two muddy foot prints on my floor mat. I pointed this out to the service representative and he said he would take the car and get the mat cleaned. Fifteen minutes later, he came into the waiting area and told me he had run over a pipe in the wash area and damaged the lower part of the grill. They had to keep the car and it wouldn't be ready until late next week. Then he told me that was his last day at the dealership.

It took them an hour to find a courtesy car for me to drive.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Mystic Blue

as for the car quality I cannot say, but the dealership although they shouldnt have been so careless, they at least are doing the right thing and replacing or repairing what they have damaged, make sure you contact BMW USA survey, and give your remarks, every time i take my car in for service, i get a call afterwards for survey, not sure if it helps out, but I think if there are other customers in your same situation from the same dealership, BMW may do something about it.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by helodrive' post='349516' date='Oct 28 2006, 07:48 AM
I took deliver of my 530i on May 11, 2005. Since that date I have taken it back to the dealer, Jackie Cooper, Oklahoma City, 7 times for warranty work. The dealership is 125 miles from my home.

Today was the last straw in the disappointment I have for BWM. After waiting for 3 weeks to get an appointment, I took the car in for a problem with the sunroof. After the repair was made I opened the car door to drive home and I noticed two muddy foot prints on my floor mat. I pointed this out to the service representative and he said he would take the car and get the mat cleaned. Fifteen minutes later, he came into the waiting area and told me he had run over a pipe in the wash area and damaged the lower part of the grill. They had to keep the car and it wouldn't be ready until late next week. Then he told me that was his last day at the dealership.

7 times that is alot sorry to her that, in hk the dealer is very good and helpfull.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

go to another dealer
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Members

As I recall, there isn't an abundance of BMW dealers in Oklahoma... 125 miles to OKC and not near Tulsa - must be NW/SW OK? I am originally from Holdenville - if you have ever heard of that one...
Old 10-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Originally Posted by helodrive' post='349516' date='Oct 27 2006, 05:48 PM

I'm sorry about your problems. I have like 4 BMW dealers 15 miles from my home.
I dont think BMW is a car for you if you live so far from a dealer.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by helodrive' post='349516' date='Oct 27 2006, 07:48 PM

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='351674' date='Nov 2 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
I'm impressed that BM NA look at this & I hope your problems get resolved. I wish BMW UK were this proactive!!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by helodrive' post='349516' date='Oct 27 2006, 06:48 PM

Sorry to hear it. My 2006 530i was delivered on April 18, 2005 and it hasn't been back to the dealer since. I wonder if that pipe collision had anything to do with that being his "last day".