E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

'05 545 Problems Starting Really Early...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

After waiting 4 mos. for my car I would wait the 8 days or so and see what happens, I and my wife would go insane If I had to wait all over again.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

I would ask for another car.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Members

I totally can relate here, in July 2003 I picked up my brand new Jaguar S Type R

white loaded and the only one in the country the way I wanted it.

So the dealership was undergoing a 27million renovation and everything was in shammbles. The car in the showroom looked perfect but then again it was dirty from the cosntruction and very cluttered.

The day I took delivery I was so excited and didnt really look the car over carefully, its new what can go wrong right?

Well I get home and they put this silicone on my tires and the way i drive it stained the entire car with thousands of brown dots. Ok I said its Saturday let me wash it and detail it, since dealers do crappy jobs anyway.

My girlfreind helped she said he your door doesnt match? I said what? Well long story short

My door, didnt match, my trunk didnt match and my bumper had been painted too with drips on the bottom.

Story goes like this, the car was damaged in Coventry during assembly, they painted it, however shot the wrong shade of white, it was totally off when you pulled it in the sun, could not be notice in the showroom or dealer service center.

I fought for a new car, there were no new cars the R is very limited and finding a white one was 100% out.

So we agreed to keep the car they gave me $3500 cash paid my excess miles on my lease for my trade in so i didnt mind. Well I did, the entire car was dissasembled, all new doors, decklid and bumpers were supplied, moldings etc.

I went to the shop I almost wanted to cry, seeing my brand new car torn to pieces.

Well it took them 3 times to get the paintwork right, cost Jaguar $15k just to repaint.I drove them crazy thats how picky i am.

White is very hard to match and blend, 3/4 of the car was repainted, the car smelled of paint even to the day I dropped it off. From that moment On I hated the car and wanted out. Then a host of stupid things went wrong cosmetic, the leather and stuff, it was fixed took months to get the seat cushions.

Then the lovely zF 6 speed auto went bizerk, and was not curable, which is how I sued them over and won.

What I am saying is when You buy a new car, lease or not and this stuff happens it ruins the entire buying gratification, it kills everything, for some they buy cars just to use, for others like myself its a passion and we look forward to it.

Good luck man.

My car is coming in Friday and I am going to test drive it first for at least 45 minutes and I am bringing my paint meter to test all the body panels, and if something is a tad off, I am walking away and thats final, I learned a huge lesson but who would have expected a dealer to sell cars like this in the first place, so there so called PDI, prep really doesnt do more than wash and wax the car prior to delivery.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

I was told by the finance guy I dealt with that if you haven't driven off the lot, the deal can be undone. I'm in CA. Don't know about NY. You can try. Since the car was not a special order, insist on another one.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Members

Kind of offtopic, since my car is an X3...

-BUT-

The one I chose had two different kinds of wood on the interior... The dark wood for the handles, and the light wood for the center console ! How did that escape BMW ?!?

But the dealership changed the piece free of charge, but it took 2 weeks for them to order it from Austria... But at least they let me drive the X3 off the lot ..!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Contributors

Not too sound too rude, but I would take my car back and re-order a new one. I always think that the reason why we spend our $$$ on new car is to be bug free. I will not feel confortable in riding a car that was never new in the first place

I would take my money back and order a real new car. Not a new card used
Old 11-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Nov 16 2004, 08:10 AM
Not too sound too rude, but I would take my car back and re-order a new one. I always think that the reason why we spend our $$$ on new car is to be bug free. I will not feel confortable in riding a car that was never new in the first place ?

I would take my money back and order a real new car. Not a new card used
[snapback]56729[/snapback]

To answer someone's question, the car is leased...I spoke to the dealer today and the 'part' required is arriving today from Germany. Hopefully it will be installed and ready to go by tomorrow, which is much sooner than they had told me. I am glad they were conservative in their time estimates(originally supposed to be ready by this coming Saturday) on the car being ready, which was smart on their part - Had the car not been ready by Saturday, they would really have an irate customer. So far, we have been driving the manager's 545 sport auto which has been just an absolute pleasure...There is such a notable difference from the E39 to E60...Can't wait to get my 6 speed for some real fun!