DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

What brake light bulbs for LCI tails?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

The new bulbs for the front indicators are on order.
I pass the stuff i dont want or use along to friends of mine
Btw E60sim had a quick look at my brakelights today in daylight, Hopefully he will give you guys his opinions on them.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

the bulbs from the second link (30 SMD) were also recommended to me by someone else, so I am very curious about the results
Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Members

The brake lights are as bright as the stock bulbs they replaced, i have a hard time seeing anyone being disappointed with these
Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

I meant the indicator bulbs with 30 SMD in my post
Originally Posted by mmitev
the bulbs from the second link (30 SMD) were also recommended to me by someone else, so I am very curious about the results
Old 03-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Members

Ahh sorry about that, i havent gotten the new ones i orderd yet so i really don tknow, the ones i originally bought are alot less bright then the stock ones.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

The front turn signals, John@Motorcepts sells them. His are noticeably brighter than the stocks.

Also, not to poop on your particular finding, but I ordered the similar bulb you did for the brake lights, and I thought that it didn't look as bright. It was lighter in color to me, and I went back to the stock bulbs.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Members

Mine are at least as bright as the OEM, my friends actually complain about the brightness with these, they did not do that with the stock bulbs
I did get red bulbs to avoid them being lighter in color so that might be an option.
There are many sellers out there, all of them are selling the best according to themselves, that is why i included what bulbs i got and from who in my posts.

As for the front turn signals i have two different sets on order, if they are below par then i will ask john to set me up.

I also got LED side markers from a vendor here, they are alot less bright then OEM so that was a bit of a letdown, but im sure brighter ones will appear sooner or later
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by tsaros
Mine are at least as bright as the OEM, my friends actually complain about the brightness with these, they did not do that with the stock bulbs
I did get red bulbs to avoid them being lighter in color so that might be an option.
There are many sellers out there, all of them are selling the best according to themselves, that is why i included what bulbs i got and from who in my posts.

As for the front turn signals i have two different sets on order, if they are below par then i will ask john to set me up.

I also got LED side markers from a vendor here, they are alot less bright then OEM so that was a bit of a letdown, but im sure brighter ones will appear sooner or later
Ah, the color difference might be the reason I am thinking. Though logic would dictate that since white color outputs more lumen, it should have still appeared brighter despite its going towards the lighter spectrum.

In any case, good luck with the turn signals
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Members

Im sure that the white ones are even brighter, but i was advised against it since they would appear to pinkish in color
I will update as the bulbs arrive
Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tsaros
Im sure that the white ones are even brighter, but i was advised against it since they would appear to pinkish in color
I will update as the bulbs arrive
you happen to be right about the pinkish color, but i am not sure about the brightness... i believe the difference will be disparagingly small.
i did install white 27 SMD, pinkish indeed, but the brightness was much lower than the original bulb, so i removed it... safety first
i checked the ones you installed (on your photo) and the only visible difference with the ones i have is that yours have 3 "reflects" (not sure how they are called exactly - the tiny spots that light up) per diode. the number of diodes (27 pcs) is the same.
could you post a daylight image please?
about the turn signal in the headlights... i haven't found any brighter than the original bulb yet, but did install nice amber leds in the side blinks with 6 diodes each.

Quick Reply: What brake light bulbs for LCI tails?