DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

RETROFIT XENON LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi want to know if anyone has came across this problem. I have retrofitted the xenon lights on the car. The lights are working without recoding. This was 4 weeks ago. I want the lights on ebay so I brought the other parts need separately from the parts department. (LCM, level sensors, switch and loom)

Now I have just realised that the reverse lights and the orange markers on the front of the car doesn't light up at all. Never noticed it until I nearly reversed into a friends car.

I guess it requires coding of of the LCM light contol module. So I took it down to the dealer to get coded. The dealer put it onto the computer and he said it could not code the LCM and it need to be replaced. But this was a NEW control module from the parts department. Costing ?240.

I had a word with the technician and he said I had to actually purchase the retrokit itself. This contains the correct LCM. But when I checked it out, I had purchased the same LCM. It had the same part number as the the LCM i brought separately. So I don't know what to do? The technician also said it maybe their coding software because no one in the UK has retrofitted the xenon lights on a E60 the software may not contain the codes!!!

So at the moment I have to put up with no reverse lights and no orange markers.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by samuelpang' post='193396' date='Nov 4 2005, 02:47 PM
Hi want to know if anyone has came across this problem. I have retrofitted the xenon lights on the car. The lights are working without recoding. This was 4 weeks ago. I want the lights on ebay so I brought the other parts need separately from the parts department. (LCM, level sensors, switch and loom)

Now I have just realised that the reverse lights and the orange markers on the front of the car doesn't light up at all. Never noticed it until I nearly reversed into a friends car.

I guess it requires coding of of the LCM light contol module. So I took it down to the dealer to get coded. The dealer put it onto the computer and he said it could not code the LCM and it need to be replaced. But this was a NEW control module from the parts department. Costing ?240.

I had a word with the technician and he said I had to actually purchase the retrokit itself. This contains the correct LCM. But when I checked it out, I had purchased the same LCM. It had the same part number as the the LCM i brought separately. So I don't know what to do? The technician also said it maybe their coding software because no one in the UK has retrofitted the xenon lights on a E60 the software may not contain the codes!!!

So at the moment I have to put up with no reverse lights and no orange markers.

maybe barking up the wrong tree but have read a lot of postings about losing the eyebrowlights on reprogramming of the cip.also have you checked bulb in reversel lights ,coincidence maybe there(blown bulb) seems strange relationship[ reverse and front eyebrow,well if the parts supplied the lcm then they best resupply the right one for you.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

Maybe you have CIP 17.x in your car, which means that the eyebrow and the LED side lights does not work ??
Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='206004' date='Dec 2 2005, 10:40 AM
Maybe you have CIP 17.x in your car, which means that the eyebrow and the LED side lights does not work ??

I have finally had this problem resolved by a BMW DEALER ABOUT 20 miles from me. None of my local dealer had a clue on what to do just waste my time and money. As my local dealer still charge me labour even when not resolving it.

But very excellent customer service and work carried out by BMW Coopers in BANSTEAD, SURREY. UK. They have now fully coded my car to CIP 21.0 and the Xenons and everything works properly.

In the process of retrofitting I have ended up with one extra XENON LCM (UNCODED) BRAND NEW in its box. Does anyone want this for there converison? I let it go for ?220.00. this is ?60.00 off the retail price. I got it for ?280.00.

Email me if your interested. samuel_pang@yahoo.com
Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by samuelpang' post='291983' date='Jun 4 2006, 12:35 AM
I have finally had this problem resolved by a BMW DEALER ABOUT 20 miles from me. None of my local dealer had a clue on what to do just waste my time and money. As my local dealer still charge me labour even when not resolving it.

But very excellent customer service and work carried out by BMW Coopers in BANSTEAD, SURREY. UK. They have now fully coded my car to CIP 21.0 and the Xenons and everything works properly.

In the process of retrofitting I have ended up with one extra XENON LCM (UNCODED) BRAND NEW in its box. Does anyone want this for there converison? I let it go for ?220.00. this is ?60.00 off the retail price. I got it for ?280.00.

Email me if your interested. samuel_pang@yahoo.com
How much did the whole retrofitting costs you? And what other parts do you need? I am considering the retrofit as well, but the price the dealer is charging me is ridiculous.