Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ok, Spec Nearly there...comments please

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres the spec I'm about to order (order today, delivery mid june)

530d
Auto Transmission
Titanium Grey
Black Dakota Leather
Maple wood Trim
Pro Navigation
TV Function
Extended Light Package
Autodim /folding mirror pack
17" 122 star spoke / runflats
Sport steering wheel
Privacy Glass
Hi-Fi Speaker system
Bi-Xenon Lights

What do you think? (it was close between silver grey and titanium grey but in the UK, silver grey is way more popular and Therefore more common.) Also thought it might work with a grey interior but there are just too many shades of grey if combined with Titanium grey paint imho)

Not going to get 6disc changer as will use my ipod (450 disc changer !!)

Don't like sport seats as I'm a lardarse!!
comfort seats not worth the extra imho.

Trigger pull today at 4pm!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

Are you certain that you don't want some of the features that comprise the 'sports package'????? It makes that car handle phenomenally well, and is truly what bmw is about....

In the states, it comes with all the bits that include- sports suspension, active steering, 18" wheels, etc, etc, etc......

I couldn't remember what you had said about these things in the past....
Old 04-26-2004, 02:21 AM
Contributors

Having tried dynamic drive and active steering, I've decided against it, previous cars I've had fitted with sports suspension are a little hard riding on the crap roads we have here......very scenic but rubbish tarmac! anyway, the stiffer sidewalls of the runflats and the fact there will be often 2 adults and 3 kids on board lead me to look for comfort rather than handling at the limits, I've done the handling bit with my cooper S fitted with sports suspension and 17" wheels.......handles great but loosens your fillings over poor road surfaces.

Still unsure about xenons as I rarely drive on unlit roads.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:48 AM
DrT
Members

Go for it, Doctor Diesel !

Let me know how those 17" run flats work out on the Scottish roads.

Don't forget to haggle on price!

Good luck

DrT
Old 04-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Members

Dynamic drive without sports suspension is possible in the uk, cornering is quite amazing.

I have servotronic steering and I noticed jumping into another car that it makes life a lot easier at slow speeds, a compromise between active steering and standard.

On the seats issue comfort seats are expensive but they are pretty cool as well, if I hadn't bought them I'd definitetly get lumbar support. Having the steering wheel go up when you turn the ignition off, memory seats etc are nice features too.

Was driving late on Friday night, Xenons for night time driving in the dark are superb but as you say if you don't do much driving at night you might not see the benefit
Old 04-26-2004, 03:59 AM
sj3
Senior Members

No cold-weather package, with heated rear seats to keep the kiddies warm on chilly Scotland mornings? Also, my vote is squarely with the xenons. Good luck.

Sam
Old 04-26-2004, 04:03 AM
Contributors

What makes you think Scotland is cold

got to draw the line somewhere and hot seats aren't needed as it will live in a heated garage.

anyway, kids can shiver like I had to all those years ago
Old 04-26-2004, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

The titanium grey is a nice colour. The day I went to see it, it was freezing cold outside, and I had no coat on, had wife and daughter with me, so we couldn't get away fast enough. I think it clouded our opinion of it a bit.

Have you looked at Mark-Yorkshire's gallery? He's got Titanium Grey and has taken some good piccys (also he's got 116 style wheels like moi - they are really cool). Do a search if you've not seen the pics yet.

Xenon's are the mutts nutts mate, gotta stay with those.

Don't worry about the 535d. You can also put the Hartge ECU upgrade in 12 months and have the same power as the 535d for ?1200.

Where did you get ?450 for the changer, it used to be ?270.

Remember that comfort seats include lumbar+memory+electronic steering adjustment, so not as bad value as they seem.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Contributors

No, my ipod (40gig) holds 450 cd's!

I think dension? are currently developing a kit that lets the ipod be controlled from the steering wheel for E60/65......they currently have it for the e46 and e39

www.dension.com
Old 04-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Hey Doctor Diesel - where did you hear that Dension is developing a kit for the E60? I once posted that they had an aux adapter available for the E60 but after I posted this, they updated their website saying that the adapter in fact is not compatible at all! So if you heared otherwise please let me know.

Quick Reply: Ok, Spec Nearly there...comments please