DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Performing a Nav Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no mate...hes talking about the autologic software...your guy needs to hook it up to the auttologic site and download the latest updates as required.
as long as his subscrip[tion is paid up you will be able to ask for specific instructions for your car...just give them the chassis number and they will write the program for you, ask to be put through to the bmw dept and talk directly with the experts.

talk to cartronics in byfleet (weybridge) surrey UK
http://www.cartronics.co.uk/index.cfm?gID=494&pid=2729
01932 354350

THEY HAVE DONE LOADS OF THESE RETROFIT CODINGS.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

Well, they took the car and the computer to the local Autologic rep today to try and figure this out - The verdict was that the CCC was bad. The fact that there was no sound from the radio and the steering wheel buttons didn't work also backed that up. Just to be sure, they are putting in a different verified CCC in tomorrow morning to check.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Contributors

????? the CCC was working fine this side of the pond????
Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='745015' date='Dec 14 2008, 11:11 PM
????? the CCC was working fine this side of the pond????
Not sure what to tell you, they are going to verify it tomorrow. *shrugs* I'm at a loss. And technically speaking, I think I'm still on the same side of the pond as you . I'll give you a ring tomorrow and let you know what comes of it.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Contributors

Welp, I've emailed autologic directly to see if they can shed some more light on the issue. The mechanic tried a bunch of different CCC's today and none worked so either they are ALL broken or there is something else wrong. I'm thinking there is something else wrong. Fking hell.

Boy I sure do hope I get my car back some day .
Old 12-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Contributors

sorry to hear that mate...but in one way im glad, as i was worried that in the shipping the unit i sent you had got broken (phew)
just a thought mate...you did say that you had issues with your old single mas-k unit...try to find out what caused this problem, it must have also caused a wiring problem further along the cars loom etc?
they must be relaited somewhere.

chin up mate, you will find it .
Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='745513' date='Dec 15 2008, 06:07 PM
sorry to hear that mate...but in one way im glad, as i was worried that in the shipping the unit i sent you had got broken (phew)
just a thought mate...you did say that you had issues with your old single mas-k unit...try to find out what caused this problem, it must have also caused a wiring problem further along the cars loom etc?
they must be relaited somewhere.

chin up mate, you will find it .
I've lost any shred of confidence in my mechanic. I'm considering the $tealership route but I really don't want to spend 1k US on programming (which is what they quoted me). I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I've already spent about 500 bucks worth of labor trying to figure this out, at this point I'm just burning cash. Putting the M-ASK back in and selling the fcking thing is looking more and more appealing each day. I think I'll buy a Camry. At least then I won't have any expectations of it NOT being a piece of shit money sink.

And just for shits and giggles, they laid off my entire department. I mean, hey.. why not? It's not like we were the only profitable department in the damned company.. oh wait, yes we were!

Oh well.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='743833' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:54 AM
I got a response from Autologic, makes sense I think. I believe he's asking us to update the autologic software, right? Which is what we're doing.

Here's the email/response:

Response:

Or wait, he's talking about my car - yes? I wonder.. if he's talking about the car software, can I do a software update if the CCC hasn't been programmed for my car yet? I'm confused, again. Hah!
Sounds to me like he said to upgrade your car to the latest software first, then do the retrofit coding. that's the same procedure you'd have to do at the dealer, I don't see how the autologic could get around that.

Does your car have the Logic 7? if the donor CCC came from one that did and yours doesn't - or vice versa- that would explain the no audio. is there another amp you can plug in?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='745518' date='Dec 15 2008, 06:24 PM
Sounds to me like he said to upgrade your car to the latest software first, then do the retrofit coding. that's the same procedure you'd have to do at the dealer, I don't see how the autologic could get around that.

Does your car have the Logic 7? if the donor CCC came from one that did and yours doesn't - or vice versa- that would explain the no audio. is there another amp you can plug in?
What's the easiest way to tell about the Logic 7? Vin reports "Premium sound" so I doubt it. And by another amp, you mean another CCC? They supposedly tried 8 different CCC's today and no go. I'm not sure how honest that is but, well.. there ya have it.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='745529' date='Dec 15 2008, 09:59 AM
What's the easiest way to tell about the Logic 7? Vin reports "Premium sound" so I doubt it. And by another amp, you mean another CCC? They supposedly tried 8 different CCC's today and no go. I'm not sure how honest that is but, well.. there ya have it.
two ways to check for logic7: one, there's a page on the tone menu that has the L7 logo (if you have the option to turn on "concert hall" or "theater" sound you have L7) or check for a speaker beneath the center dashboard grille.

by amp, I mean the amplifier located in the left rear of the trunk. even the non-L7s have an amp there, it's just half the size and not fiber optic based.

Quick Reply: Performing a Nav Retrofit