DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Other than the Sprint booster what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Ballistic
Perhaps. But i don't think there is no denying in it. A sprintbooster can't do anything you can't do yourself...
We can also wash our own cars, change our own oil, use hand signals, etc. You're a relatively new 'bloke' on here, so I'll cut you some slack on the rope you're about to hang yourself with.

One of the biggest complaints of the E60, especially early models, was throttle response. Now myself, and many others, bought our E60s when the rollout was relatively new. While yes, we can push down harder on the pedal, a car with over 300hp shouldn't feel like it requires a whole lot of pedal travel to get moving. Hence the SB -it 'livens' up the pedal response. I was an early adopter of the unit. Nearly 5 years later, its still on there. Every valet person that's gotten in it has asked about the car's performance because, viscerally, it feels more powerful than others. Desiring less pedal travel to achieve similar velocities to pushing down the pedal harder doesn't somehow make the many of us here who elected to buy an SB less smart than those who don't. Such pee-brained narrow thinking has no place on an enthusiast forum.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Members

I have no problem with you sharing your opinion about the SB. I did and i am not going to retract my opinion. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I am sorry i don't think exactly the same about this as the rest does. For a minute i thought this was a discussion forum. Turns out its more like a dictorship.

Anyones opinion may be stated here. Don't lower yourself to such a level where you are "attacking" other members. Your first and last sentence, and also Jsanjuan32 reply are just childish.

If you are worried about just 2 lines of text somebody else posted, i am very happy for you. If you get this "excited" about it, you must have very little troubles and a great life.

Happy driving guys!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Contributors

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
It's OK to disagree ... not necessary to resort to rudeness or 'name calling'

Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

I have no problem with you sharing your opinion about the SB. I did and i am not going to retract my opinion. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I am sorry i don't think exactly the same about this as the rest does. For a minute i thought this was a discussion forum. Turns out its more like a dictorship.

Anyones opinion may be stated here. Don't lower yourself to such a level where you are "attacking" other members. Your first and last sentence, and also Jsanjuan32 reply are just childish.

If you are worried about just 2 lines of text somebody else posted, i am very happy for you. If you get this "excited" about it, you must have very little troubles and a great life.

Happy driving guys!
Re-read your post here:

"If you ask me, You're not the smartest bloke if your spending your money on a sprintbooster."

Let's break this down. "You're not the smartest bloke" translates to "you are dumb/dumber" or "you are an idiot", or otherwise less than the "smartest" for doing so. Its a derailing phrase that, casually, may not appear to be anything more than a differing opinion. However, im never casual enough to let a personal attack slide (apparently im one of these slow coaches for having bought myself an ole sprint booster).

Now there's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion. Your post about an SB not being able to do anything you can't by pressing the peddle was a debatable opinion. Your leading with "You're not the smartest bloke" was not. Hope this makes sense to you.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Have you ever used one Ballistic? It made a HUGE difference with my car not feeling so sluggish(525i).
Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Have you ever used one Ballistic? It made a HUGE difference with my car not feeling so sluggish(525i).
My don't experience my car as sluggish. I always floor it but shift early if i'm not in a "hurry".

I drive a manual because i like to have total control over the car. Shifting adds just that little spice to the ultimate driving feeling to me.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Members

Happy driving guys!
Everyone can state their opinion on here as long as they keep it respectful. Childish? Come over here and I'll show you childish. Next time you want to state your opinion don't disrespect. I have no problem puting you in your place here or in person. So if you want to state your opinion make your own post and stay off mine.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
We can also wash our own cars, change our own oil, use hand signals, etc. You're a relatively new 'bloke' on here, so I'll cut you some slack on the rope you're about to hang yourself with.

One of the biggest complaints of the E60, especially early models, was throttle response. Now myself, and many others, bought our E60s when the rollout was relatively new. While yes, we can push down harder on the pedal, a car with over 300hp shouldn't feel like it requires a whole lot of pedal travel to get moving. Hence the SB -it 'livens' up the pedal response. I was an early adopter of the unit. Nearly 5 years later, its still on there. Every valet person that's gotten in it has asked about the car's performance because, viscerally, it feels more powerful than others. Desiring less pedal travel to achieve similar velocities to pushing down the pedal harder doesn't somehow make the many of us here who elected to buy an SB less smart than those who don't. Such pee-brained narrow thinking has no place on an enthusiast forum.
Let him hang himself. Lol. That rope only gets tighter the more he talks. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
It's OK to disagree ... not necessary to resort to rudeness or 'name calling'

Lmao. +1 on the faces.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Re-read your post here:

"If you ask me, You're not the smartest bloke if your spending your money on a sprintbooster."

Let's break this down. "You're not the smartest bloke" translates to "you are dumb/dumber" or "you are an idiot", or otherwise less than the "smartest" for doing so. Its a derailing phrase that, casually, may not appear to be anything more than a differing opinion. However, im never casual enough to let a personal attack slide (apparently im one of these slow coaches for having bought myself an ole sprint booster).

Now there's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion. Your post about an SB not being able to do anything you can't by pressing the peddle was a debatable opinion. Your leading with "You're not the smartest bloke" was not. Hope this makes sense to you.
Should make sense to him. After all he is the self proclaimed "smartest bloke" lol.

Quick Reply: Other than the Sprint booster what are my options?