DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by kreveta
Blood:

have you please tested ASP_MEMORY? What's the default value?

If nicht_aktiv, then it's not related to key fob profile mirror memory (all models come from the factory with default on - as that's the purpose of profiles) . I suspect that it may be the curb folding mirror memory.
I haven't tested it as i dont have memory seats, if you have memory seats you get memory mirrors as well, the kerb function is separate works whether you have memory seats or not dispute what any SA wil tell you.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Originally Posted by andy545
Ongoing Projects:

M view on HUD.
Reported to work on >2006 models and older models with an M5 cluster.

CAPPL
MDrive
activ
HUD_M
activ
HUD
M_SPORT_HUD

activ
Result: Partial success. Mview shows up in HUD idrive setting and stays ticked (when CAPPL elements above are activ as well) ? MHUD stays on for 30secs and reverts back to normal.
When CAPPL elements are nicht_activ, Mview in HUD idrive setting (which is ticked) disappears but MHUD still shows (for 30sec). Ongoing research.

Managed to get this working!

And the best thing... it stays on permanently

My car is a 12/2006 build for information...

Old 02-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Congrats!

How did you take a picture of it? My camera doesn't capture the HUD at all. Also it seems the HUD is dynamically mapped. On your diesel with 5000 RPM redline, your redzone is much bigger (twice as big) than mine on my 540i with 7000 RPM redline.

So afterall the M-HUD reacts and adjusts itself to a particular engine, but I found that watching it doesn't seem to be as useful as I thought for some reason (doesn't seem accurate).

Still, the gear display is really worth it! I hated the cluster display which is completely out of driving sight.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Members

I just used my iphone, seemed to work fine

You're right about the rev range, the red line is literally where that little yellow part is between the green and red bands - not the most handy thing in the world Though the gear display is what I wanted most - however it only shows the numbers when in manual mode. In Drive, Sport and Park it's just blank, but in Neutral and Reverse you get an "N" or "R".
Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Good stuff !

As BenAnd has indicated to me my car needs probably an updated CAS module to get the MHUD working (for more than 30sec)
Will look into that at some point.
I have to say I like both the rpm range and gear indication - granted on my car the green zone is obviously longer.

How do you switch back to normal view - like if you have nav on ? Do you switch back via the HUD menu (uncheck Mview) ?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by andy545
Good stuff !

As BenAnd has indicated to me my car needs probably an updated CAS module to get the MHUD working (for more than 30sec)
Will look into that at some point.
I have to say I like both the rpm range and gear indication - granted on my car the green zone is obviously longer.

How do you switch back to normal view - like if you have nav on ? Do you switch back via the HUD menu (uncheck Mview) ?
If you go to Settings, Display, Head Up Display; there's a list of items with check boxes, e.g. Navigation, Check Control etc. Right at the end (5th option I think) is M View. As long as that stays ticked, I get the M5 view (The other options go greyed out as they can't be displayed at the same time). Once it's unticked the greyed out options return to normal and the HUD goes back to standard and Nav instructions re-appear.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I'm gettin' the hang of the NCS-Expert stuff ...
In the mean time I thought I make similar archive sharing like the folks @ e90post using ...
Not sure if one already setup or not ...

https://spreadsheets...=CNPs2ucN#gid=0

--Rival.
This is a fantastic way to keep a comprehensive list for everyone!

Do you have a link to the E90post one so I can compare? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ///MrSingh
I just used my iphone, seemed to work fine

You're right about the rev range, the red line is literally where that little yellow part is between the green and red bands - not the most handy thing in the world Though the gear display is what I wanted most - however it only shows the numbers when in manual mode. In Drive, Sport and Park it's just blank, but in Neutral and Reverse you get an "N" or "R".
Oops, does the real M5 HUD have the same issue with no gear numbers in Drive/Sport? Is there any way to have them with additional coding?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

That's not an issue as far as I understand. That's how it's supposed to work on M5 too.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Members

Please help me, I did the BC_DIGITAL_V and instrument cluster went crazy. It no longer read the tachometer, no longer indicate the tank level, and no consumption. All this happened after I did a software update from BMW dealer. Before the update I've done this and had no problems.Now when i make diagnose with INPA, it say that the kombi has bad data coding. You got a idea?

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods