DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I would guess that you have tried to use outdated daten files. I would first try and do a coding of the Kombi to put things to default again.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by larry_bml
Please help me, I did the BC_DIGITAL_V and instrument cluster went crazy. It no longer read the tachometer, no longer indicate the tank level, and no consumption. All this happened after I did a software update from BMW dealer. Before the update I've done this and had no problems.Now when i make diagnose with INPA, it say that the kombi has bad data coding. You got a idea?
Pick the expert profile and code kombi with an empty .man file to reset.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

so hard to understand..all this terms..
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I would guess that you have tried to use outdated daten files. I would first try and do a coding of the Kombi to put things to default again.
How can i do that?

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Pick the expert profile and code kombi with an empty .man file to reset.
Did you have a link for expert profile? I have "fisterprofile" can i use this one?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

The expert profile is part of the NCS package itself. Fisterprofile will definately not work.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
The expert profile is part of the NCS package itself. Fisterprofile will definately not work.
Ok, thank you for your fast answer. I thinck i don't have to make other modifications to xepert profile, just read end recode the combi.

Now, can you tell me please, what file to import from ISTA (and even what version of ISTA) to ncs for not haveing the same problem next time i want to code something?

Thank you verry much for your help.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

The info is widely available if you do proper search.

AFAIK latest version of ISTA is 2.40.0. From the SP-daten-E60 folder:
Code:
all .ipo files -> \ncsexper\sgdat
all daten files -> \ncsexper\daten\E60
all .prg files -> \ediabas\ecu
or you can run/execute the batch file 'laden.bat' from under the 'daten' sub-folder.

GL!

PS: For you own safety study how 'laden.bat' file work by looking into the content of that file.

Originally Posted by larry_bml
Ok, thank you for your fast answer. I thinck i don't have to make other modifications to xepert profile, just read end recode the combi.

Now, can you tell me please, what file to import from ISTA (and even what version of ISTA) to ncs for not haveing the same problem next time i want to code something?

Thank you verry much for your help.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Would be great to find out how to map the custom secondary steering wheel button to "MDrive" (changes the hud from M-View to standard, like in M5).

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...es/mdrive.html
Old 02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by kreveta
Would be great to find out how to map the custom secondary steering wheel button to "MDrive" (changes the hud from M-View to standard, like in M5).

http://www.bmw.com/c...les/mdrive.html

Seems like that should be possible since we lose that button out of the menu when we code for MDrive.

I vote that Dominik figures that out for us!
While waiting on the parts for your SAT retrofit you can entertain yourself with this
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Oh well! I'll do some investigation

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods