DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

INPA kan du använda för att höja och sänka.. Body module.

(You can use INPA to level the suspension)
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 525xi, 2007
Default HUD MView on a non-M car

I succeeded to enable MDrive on Head-Up Display on a non-M car (N52 525xi, January 2007).
The rpm and speed can be seen in colored mode nicely.
To be noticed that in MView mode, the turn signals and GPS instructions are not visible.

I have no 30 seconds switch to non-MView problem and MView is active as I start the car!

This is what needs to be changed:
Control unit: Cappl
MDrive
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
HUD_M
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
ACOUSTIC <-- Beep on car lock / unlock
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

Control unit: HUD
M_SPORT_HUD
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG <-- Turn signals visible in HUD
nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

For high-res photos: http://bmwmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2231

All the best,
Catalin.
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-smallimg_13-07-20_1a1a3c44-e424-41ef-ba11-7dbc5649ac37.jpg   NCSExpert Code Mods-smallimg_13-07-20_83886ed5-09f2-4b00-965b-e7d8bfb8d1fd.jpg   NCSExpert Code Mods-smallimg_13-07-20_d907c1ce-0b28-42ff-b51d-e39723ea9fc2.jpg  

Last edited by catalinux; 07-20-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

With the help of these and some other forums I've also been a little busy with coding my car. Things that I've managed to pull of so far are:

-Alarm beep when unlocking/locking car
-iDrive turns to seat heating settings when seat heating button is pressed
-Seat heating setting is visible in on iDrive screen in settings menu
-No force feedback on iDrive controller
-Amber fan indicator in klima is always on, even when in auto mode
-Mirrors fold and unfold with key fob
-Digital speed in instrument cluster
-Pseudo US indicators (using daylight running light settings)
-Pathway lighting with key fob

What I didn't manage to do was:

-Controlling the rain/light sensor sensitivity in iDrive. The menu apears but you can't change anything. Seems to be the problem with everybody who tried this
-Mirror goes toe curb view when reversing. Probably because my mirrors don't have the required hardware in them
-Speed corrector in digital speed view. This doesn't seem to affect the speed displayed. It's the same as the analog speed and still about 5km/h more than GPS Speed.

I've made a little movie of things for you guys to enjoy. Only the us indicators aren't in the movie since I just coded these a couple of minutes ago.

Also attached is a image with the settings that I've changed. When there is an "x" in the "werkt" column it means that this feature works. I made the exel file where this is a screenshot from originaly in Dutch and forgot to change this word to English...

Movie:

Image: see attached.
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-al-uitgevoerde-coderingen-english.jpg  

Last edited by Bimmerstyle; 07-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

@Bimmerstyle, the mirror kerb function only works if you have memory seats or comfort seats on early E60/E61`s, i have it working on my 2006 with basic seats but my car is internally different to yours. The rain light sensor function has never worked possibly because its tied to the car/key memory.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:56 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

@BLooD: Thanks for explaining. I was allready thinking the same about the mirrors. This however is a function I don't really need. Sometimes it can be usefull but most of the time when I'm reversing I don't really want my mirrors to tilt down. When I want them to go down I can always do this manually.

About the sensor settings however, this could be a very usefull feature if it works. Sometimes it's very annoying when the wipers start wiping when there are only three drops of rain on the windshield. I hate it when it does that. Hopefully someone finds the sollution for this in the future. That would be great!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Members

Hello, I have a quick question, I want to find out whether I can code Folding mirrors on my 05 E60. I have memory seats, kerb functions and dimming mirrors ( I think the SA code is 640, I can't recall off the top of my head.)

I also have the 2 body/door modules TMBT & TMFT. Is there a way for me to code this and or find out whether my mirrors have the ability to fold? If not, is the motor easily retrofitted or do new mirrors need to be purchased.

Also my car has the Mask - 2 Unit (no CAPPL and or ZBE) I would like to try the "Zero Feedback" option for the I-drive controller as mine looks exactly like Bimmerstyles' in the video. Is this possible?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bymer
Hello, I have a quick question, I want to find out whether I can code Folding mirrors on my 05 E60. I have memory seats, kerb functions and dimming mirrors ( I think the SA code is 640, I can't recall off the top of my head.)

I also have the 2 body/door modules TMBT & TMFT. Is there a way for me to code this and or find out whether my mirrors have the ability to fold? If not, is the motor easily retrofitted or do new mirrors need to be purchased.

Also my car has the Mask - 2 Unit (no CAPPL and or ZBE) I would like to try the "Zero Feedback" option for the I-drive controller as mine looks exactly like Bimmerstyles' in the video. Is this possible?

Thanks guys!
Option code SA430 is the one you mean. BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL is the function in the door modules.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Members

Thanks BLooD. Coded that option, recoded the car, and the mirrors do not fold. I have all the requirements that are mentioned, except the motors inside the mirrors. Guess it cannot be done. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bymer
Thanks BLooD. Coded that option, recoded the car, and the mirrors do not fold. I have all the requirements that are mentioned, except the motors inside the mirrors. Guess it cannot be done. Thanks!
You didnt say where you are from so im guessing the US, the early US E60/E61`s had the folding option removed due to some stupid legislation. The later ones can do it.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Members

Im sorry for not stating that. Yes i am in the US and tat is indeed a stupid thing bmw has done. Only way to get them is via retrofit then.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods