DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

I've been searching like crazy but I can't seem to find an answer to my question.

So, at the moment it's not possible to activate the rain sensor sensitivity in iDrive...

With that in mind I started searching for a way to turn off the rain sensor completely and use the rotating knob on the steering wheel stalk as a manual intermitted wiper setting. I believe this was possible with the E46. I've been looking for such an option in NCS for the E61 but came up empty so far.

Does anybody know if it is possible and if yes, what module needs to be coded?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Originally Posted by tewsona
It Seems that with this coded, when I press the button to light the Headlights, the CCC wakes up momentarily, displaying the BMW logo. The BMW logo shows, then goes off at the same time as the lights.

I'm wondering if this a software version problem? I've coded Cornering Lights and Welcome lights into the LMA and CAPPL, they're working but no options in I-Drive.

Where do i find out the version? Can it be upgraded easily or is it a BMW job?

Thanks
Show me ur "pathway"/"welcomelight" settings. From both CAS and LMA. Then i can compare them.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi
Default coding out reverse errors

Hey party people,
Just got my cable and NCSexpert program today. I've read tons of posts and lots of research.

Tomorrow morning I'm going in....

2007 pre lci 530xi m.a.s.k unit.

Going to do the digital speed...code out disclaimer... And code out back up lamp errors(I put in LEDs and get that annoying message)

How do I do the reverse bulb code? Thanks in advance guys! A small step by step guide would be greatly appreciated, since its my first time coding
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i JB4

Hi all,

I got force braking coded correctly tonight. I noticed that the flashing stays on until you release and reapply the brakes. Is there a way to automatically stop the blinking after a few seconds or a few blinks? It looks like standard hazard lights if you just stay on the brakes after force brake.

I did the double hazard via netto.

I found a new setting under lighting in idrive as I added a few other things too.

There is adaptive headlight setting, comfort, sport or off.
There is also high beam assistant

Both of these has the auto lamp light next to the text. If I turn off auto lights, then these 2 settings will automatically turn off in idrive. When I drive, I didn't actually notice any of these functions actually doing anything including corner lighting. The fogs dont light up, I thought they were supposed to.

I am 2008 LCI 535 with AHL.

thanks
-p
Old 10-09-2013, 04:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

You need the FLA mirror for high beam assist to work.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i JB4

Mike,
Sorry, is that a type of mirror/glass for the dimming on the side mirrors to work? I have folding mirrors now.

thanks
-p
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

No its the rear view mirror in the car. There's a sensor in it for high beam assist.

Large square on lower part of mirror base.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Members

Does anyone know what code modifications are required to slow down the iDrive controller? I've been searching like crazy without success.

I upgraded my navi to CiC recently but I decided not to change to the new iDrive controller in my 2006 M5 because I don't want to cut out a larger hole in the trim. The sensitivity of the old iDrive knob is just off the charts, one click goes right to the very last menu option.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by OzMosis; 10-10-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Type Error
Old 01-23-2014, 04:00 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60 520d 2006

hello.
Can you,guys,tell me if on my e60,09/2005,with bixenon,LM_AHL.C20,i can code sidemarker to stay on when i turn on xenons.I tried with dr_gedimmt,it s ok but when i turn on xenons,the sidemarker turns off.
Thanks.Sorry for my english,
Old 01-27-2014, 10:20 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Originally Posted by mihai_e60
hello.
Can you,guys,tell me if on my e60,09/2005,with bixenon,LM_AHL.C20,i can code sidemarker to stay on when i turn on xenons.I tried with dr_gedimmt,it s ok but when i turn on xenons,the sidemarker turns off.
Thanks.Sorry for my english,
Use NCSdummy to figure it out!

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods