DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
The thing about used ones is that half the time (that I know from people that have tried to retro used LM2) it doesn't work. I have encountered one incident myself with a customer's used LM2 where it couldn't be recoded, and after he bought a new one, everything was good to go.

Don't get me wrong, I have been able to recode used ones before as well, but it's just a crappy ordeal to have to go through if you get a bunk.

As for the quad projector. No, LCIs do not have quad projector. The inner cornering lens is basically a reflector in the middle, with a plastic cover over it.
Hmm, ok. Sounds less fun. But if i'm retrofitting LM2 i won't except myself to f"ck something up. Ofc it could happen. But ur like the second one that i heard it didn't work out well for, to retrofit an used LM2..

Aha, okey.. Sorry, but i can't really tell the difference from urs and LCI Except of the eyebrow-mod. It looks good, and it would be nice to have (Y)
Old 05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
If you want adaptive headlights then why not get an adaptive LM2 now and the headlights later?
Missed out this one.

But ur right, i should be looking for LM2 with AHL in this case.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by F-Tar
Hmm, ok. Sounds less fun. But if i'm retrofitting LM2 i won't except myself to f"ck something up. Ofc it could happen. But ur like the second one that i heard it didn't work out well for, to retrofit an used LM2..

Aha, okey.. Sorry, but i can't really tell the difference from urs and LCI Except of the eyebrow-mod. It looks good, and it would be nice to have (Y)
F-Tar, it's probably because you're relatively new to the board. I have done a number of LCI conversion for people, so it's not like the one time I couldn't recode the LM2 is the only experience I have had.

As for your third sentence, well, let me put it this way, while it sounds like you have persistence, if it's not going to work, it's not going to work.

A client of mine spent (I have no idea the exact) a lot of hours reading, downloading different version of software, and in general more energy than necessary not wanting to give up on his used LM2... and in the end, after he bought a new one, it was just minutes of coding to initialize it.

Not necessary discouraging you to try an used LM2 (yes I am), it just comes down to if your time/effort spent would be worth the cost difference. As I tell my LCI conversion clients, you would hate to buy all the parts, and then have a not working LM2 be the culprit of it all not working, especially if you are doing the retro the first time, and am unsure of the aspects of retrofit (remaking the power harness, repinning, etc).
Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
F-Tar, it's probably because you're relatively new to the board. I have done a number of LCI conversion for people, so it's not like the one time I couldn't recode the LM2 is the only experience I have had.

As for your third sentence, well, let me put it this way, while it sounds like you have persistence, if it's not going to work, it's not going to work.

A client of mine spent (I have no idea the exact) a lot of hours reading, downloading different version of software, and in general more energy than necessary not wanting to give up on his used LM2... and in the end, after he bought a new one, it was just minutes of coding to initialize it.

Not necessary discouraging you to try an used LM2 (yes I am), it just comes down to if your time/effort spent would be worth the cost difference. As I tell my LCI conversion clients, you would hate to buy all the parts, and then have a not working LM2 be the culprit of it all not working, especially if you are doing the retro the first time, and am unsure of the aspects of retrofit (remaking the power harness, repinning, etc).
Thanks for ur inputs!

Havent decided yet if i'm buying LM2.. I should spend more time reading about it before.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:13 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by F-Tar
DRL_V_GEDIMMT
wert_01 (us-drl) _02 (40% high beam)

DRL_WERT_DIMMUNG
wert_01

That will solve ur prob. There is no "aktiv" ones here.
So that did the trick, thank you,

DRL_V_GEDIMMT
wert_01 = turn signals as DRL
wert_02 = halogen inner beam as DRL

DRL_WERT_DIMMUNG
wert_01 = 26%
wert_02 = 40%

one more question are there any more values for DRL_V_GEDIMMT like wert_?? for fogs?

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JBS 530i
So that did the trick, thank you,

DRL_V_GEDIMMT
wert_01 = turn signals as DRL
wert_02 = halogen inner beam as DRL

DRL_WERT_DIMMUNG
wert_01 = 26%
wert_02 = 40%

one more question are there any more values for DRL_V_GEDIMMT like wert_?? for fogs?

Thanks,
Good to hear!

Nope.. Only "wert_01" and "wert_02"

You could check ur LM prg. with ncsdummy, depending on which LM u have.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Members

What's all about the Video in motion on the CCC navi?
If I set VIDEO_DENY_COB to Deny_never than I still can't play DVD's with the original DVD player (where I put the navi dvd).

The navi is saying that he can't read the medium in the slot...

I found much ppl that put it on deny_never but I think I'm missing something...

Thx for your support.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Members

Does anyone know why my 06 530i adaptive xenons turn only to the right? Didn't BMW have an update which restricts the movements of adaptive lights only to the right to prevent blinding oncoming traffic?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Spasta
What's all about the Video in motion on the CCC navi?
If I set VIDEO_DENY_COB to Deny_never than I still can't play DVD's with the original DVD player (where I put the navi dvd).

The navi is saying that he can't read the medium in the slot...

I found much ppl that put it on deny_never but I think I'm missing something...

Thx for your support.
Do you have TV function? if not then you will not be able to play DVD`s thats what you are missing.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 AM
New Members

My Ride: M-Touring 520D E61

Hello guys! Thanks for all the work you put out with the codinginstructions! It´s really helped me a lot. However, Im not able to find out how or if I can put in the rideheight in the rear of my E61 touring? Is there a code for NCS expert or should I use Inpa? I´ve search everywhere but i cant find a tutorial anywhere on the internet.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods