DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by BLooD
Yup, if you ask any thing over BMW coding you get " I know how to do it but I im not showing you" answer because information is money to them.
I have found very little of any value over there too
Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI guys. New to all this coding stuff but got my cable and software on Friday and have been down to code the following:

Fogs on with welcome lights
Seat heating distro on idrive when seat heating pressed
Cornering lights (even though I had these from the factory, at some point during my ownership of the car they were deactivated. Oddly, I never had the option in iDrive. Now I do.

Things i'd like to do or know:
  • Can I get my passenger mirror to dip on reverse? I don't have memory seats or mirrors, or folding mirrors (UK spec)
  • Instant MPG
  • Digital Speed.
Anything else you guys think might be cool.

Also, I've seen talk on here of a spreadsheet that lists all the coding options (I assume for the E60). Any chance of seeing this?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by w00t100
HI guys. New to all this coding stuff but got my cable and software on Friday and have been down to code the following:

Fogs on with welcome lights
Seat heating distro on idrive when seat heating pressed
Cornering lights (even though I had these from the factory, at some point during my ownership of the car they were deactivated. Oddly, I never had the option in iDrive. Now I do.

Things i'd like to do or know:
  • Can I get my passenger mirror to dip on reverse? I don't have memory seats or mirrors, or folding mirrors (UK spec)
  • Instant MPG
  • Digital Speed.
Anything else you guys think might be cool.

Also, I've seen talk on here of a spreadsheet that lists all the coding options (I assume for the E60). Any chance of seeing this?

Thanks

Hello,
Your mirror will not work, cos you don't have memory. But you can change the mirror to "mirror with memory function". That will work!

Greetings, Andy
Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 PM
New Members

Hi Andy, How do you mean? If I change the mirror to mirror with memory function and then change the reverse dip, that will work?

Also, does anyone know if you can (or if we have) the temperature lights around the outside of the rev counter like the M3 and if that's a coding thing or not?

Originally Posted by hollow
i know this has already been done : enabling oil level in idrive ,but people with diesel cars found that it doesnt work ,assuming the diesel doesnt have the level sensor . well while draining the oil i noticed that the diesel does have this sensor i even removed it to check it was correct . anyone know of any reason why it shouldnt work when coded ? all diesels cant have a busted sensor
@Hollow, I have the iDrive oil level, always have had, car is an 07 LCI 530d. Interestingly, my friends 335d (08) doesn't.....
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 AM
New Members

Hello, anybody knows how to code from ACC (Active Cruise Control) to just Cruise Control on BMW e60 2003?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 535

Originally Posted by txag_530i
That's not a good idea. You should do it as described here: coding-any-ECU-with-the-car-VO-factory-default-settings-using-NCS-expertmode-profile
Coding with a blank .man accomplishes the same thing. Exact same end result
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mirror kerb

I finally coded and it's working the mirror kerb function.
I have one question: how do i modify the movement time of the mirror? It's down too much when i'm in reverse.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by C_o_s_m_i_n
I finally coded and it's working the mirror kerb function.
I have one question: how do i modify the movement time of the mirror? It's down too much when i'm in reverse.
When in reverse, you can use the right rear view window controller to adjust it. Its just like when you are driving forward. Once adjusted, it stays the same everytime, but you can also save it with your seat's memory button.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have seats with memory.
The kerb function on the right mirror is working ONLY when the mirror selector is in the "left" position. So i can not use the mirror's position regulator when in reverse because it will adjust only the left mirror. At that time, if i move the selector to the right, the right mirror will automatically rise up.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited by C_o_s_m_i_n; 02-09-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by C_o_s_m_i_n
I don't have seats with memory.
The kerb function on the right mirror is working ONLY when the mirror selector is in the "left" position. So i can not use the mirror's position regulator when in reverse because it will adjust only the left mirror. At that time, if i move the selector to the right, the right mirror will automatically rise up.
I hope you understand what I mean.
You can't control how far down it tilts. It either tilts or it does not. There could be something deep in the config files where it might be controlled via hex codes but I have not seen where anyone has looked into it.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods