DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I made an Exciting discovery tonight that I would like to share with you guys. I recently swapped my Lexani wheels out for my OEM tires so that I could get my Lexani's powder-coated in black. Once I did this I got the pesky Flat Tire error TPMS message in iDrive. When I tried to reset the error I would always be faced with a menu screen with the "Reset" option greyed out meaning that the option was disabled. I drove around with the damn error for weeks until I re-installed my Lexani wheels this week and was determined to get the error cleared.

After trying everything else and since I am using an E90 CIC TRC file to program my CIC I wondered if this option was disabled in the original file by default and was something I had to enable. After searching the file repeatedly and trying different coding options for a few hours, I found the culprit!!

Within the CIC TRC file these two lines of code are enabled and need to be disabled:

Code:
RDC
aktiv -> Change to nicht_aktiv

RDC SAFETY
aktiv -> Change to nicht_aktiv
Once these lines are disabled, the "RESET" option within the Flat Tire iDrive menu screen was re-enabled and I was successfully able to reset the sensor, hence clearing the error. Happy Day!! Hopefully this will serve to help others.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-flat-tire-error.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

i'm not sure about other countries , but all BMW cars in our country doesn't have TPM sensors inside the wheels ,,,

the car uses the ABS/DCS wheel sensor to measure the rotating speed of each tire , if one tire rotates faster or slower than what is supposed to be ,, tire pressure error pops up on the screen ..

I've upgraded to bigger wheels several time ,,all I did after the upgrade it set it up again like what is shows in your screen above ,, and you are good to go ..
Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I've upgraded to bigger wheels several time ,,all I did after the upgrade it set it up again like what is shows in your screen above ,, and you are good to go ..
Same at this end Ehssan.
The only problem was that since I upgraded my CIC with the E90 file, my option to reset the tire error was disabled. Changing the code above gave me the ability to actually use the reset functionality.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L30n
I've activated ACOUSTIC por signal while opening or closing, but does not work!. My car is 2007 Lci
it's OK. I had to activate in idrive... ¬¬
Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Members

Can I code my car alarm volume higher? I know there's such option in E90, but for E60?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BusyBox
Can I code my car alarm volume higher? I know there's such option in E90, but for E60?
Which is that option, and where is?.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Members

It's in DWAS module:

BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL
wert_06
wert_07
wert_08

But some say highest volume is achieved by leaving wert_01 only, others say wert_08 only or even a combination like this
wert_04
wert_05
wert_08

So does anybody know the correct parameter for the highest possible sirene volume?

There is even a parameter BUZZER_LOW_LEVEL with the same possibilities...very confusing, for me at least.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Members

In DWAS module change these to:

BUZZER_LOW_LEVEL
wert_01

BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL
wert_01

ALARMTYP
us

and you'll get the most of your alarm sound volume!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i M54 2005 Alpine White Sport/Cold/Premiun Sound/Active Steering Navigation/PDC/sport seats/6 CD Changer

Hey, Can someone point me to the right direction? which interface is best for me to get, that's compatible with my BMW 525i 2005 M54

Ebay BMW Adapter Link
Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 94' 325i(sold), 01 530 spt (sold) 08 528i

Originally Posted by kreveta
Should the inner-side halogen light of each headlight light up when cornering? Or what is its function? This one - the inner which is not lit up on the picture:

Mine started to turn on/off when cornering slowly, parking or backing up. I've never noticed it happening before switching PWM_AN_SL_V_AL_1_34 from wert_06 to wert_01.

Any one answered this question?.. i just noticed that myself tonight.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods