DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmitev
In relation to this: I also see only the antenna and no bars.

However, once I saw a small mobile phone icon, probably between the "TMC" lettes and the antenna on the iDrive display - anyone knows what it is?

it basicly means you have the same features as me per above......... you have just the bluetooth (MULF) module( bmw made these for those that don't have the BMW ASST SOS etc whch is callled a TCU Module, as it has both bluetooth and BMW asst features within the module)

that telephone icon simply means when u have a missed call thats when it will display.....

Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Thats a feature of the phone rather than the car. Some phones show this, some don't.
Ok, this is really interested, I'm using iphone 4 and I believe on Blood's pictures is: Michaels Ip as an iphone also?

Anyone else has the signal bars?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

I get the signal bars with iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
Really? i wish i could get this to work on my MULF module... when i had my TCU Module installed before i reverted back to the MULF, it had the bars, it even rang differently through the car. i wish i kept it now.
Simply means, TCU module has the bars and MULF doesn't? No matter what car or phone?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by madein
Simply means, TCU module has the bars and MULF doesn't? No matter what car or phone?

Exactly!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by madein
Ok, this is really interested, I'm using iphone 4 and I believe on Blood's pictures is: Michaels Ip as an iphone also?

Anyone else has the signal bars?
Yes mate iPhone 3GS.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Just for a bit of fun, I changed CID to low in CHOST and CAPPL and this is the result LMAO.

REVERSE_GONG in CGATE and CAPPL enables the gong sound when the car is in reverse gear.
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-img_0161.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Originally Posted by BLooD
Just for a bit of fun, I changed CID to low in CHOST and CAPPL and this is the result LMAO.

REVERSE_GONG in CGATE and CAPPL enables the gong sound when the car is in reverse gear.
That's actually really useful! I had a monitor die a few months ago so I threw in one from my old MASK while I waited for my replacement from eBay. Had I known this, then - my frustrations about not seeing enough on the screen and essentially having a useless nav system would have been alleviated.

Thanks for sharing
Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
R9ndy? the rain/light sensor settings are tied to the car/key memory so you wont be able to change them im afraid, the setting can be changed via the retrofit menu in progman.

Madien?, it should have the signal bars, thats a standard feature.
Blood, do you know how to change the value for the light sensor? I know in DIS you can see value from 100 to 0.
My lights are on from 4 pm!!! It is enough light till 8pm, I don't get it, why are they coming so early?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

It reacts to sky being red (sky color temperature). In the sunset it's easy to miss a car approaching you, because of the sun obviously, in most countries, so I think that's why they turn on so early.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods