DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCS coding for door locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
That is a great doc. Did you hust find that on the web or do you have access to others?
I found that from web.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I saw in another forum someone listing things you can pay him to change. One of the options was to remove the requirement to pull the door handle twice to get out of the car if it is turned off.

Anyone know which module this would be in?
Such an annoying "feature". seems like it makes alot more wear and tear on the door handle by doing it twice. I'm the driver, If I want out, just let me out.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
Such an annoying "feature". seems like it makes alot more wear and tear on the door handle by doing it twice. I'm the driver, If I want out, just let me out.
Double pull is necessary only when the doors are locked. Sometimes I just punch the dash button to unlock the doors before exiting. I do have the doors set to lock when I drive off - but that setting can be changed in iDrive. You'll drive around with doors unlocked making it easier for anyone to enter but reducing the wear and tear on your interior door handles by eliminating the double pull.
Attached Thumbnails NCS coding for door locks-locks.jpg  
Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Yeah, I have mine set to lock after driving because I have smaller kids with me a few days a week so that's a necessity. I just wish it's a bit more forgiving for the driver's door.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Members

Once the doors are locked and your inside the car, about 60seconds later you can not get out of the car. Only way is with the key remote, is there any way to extend this time? Or do you think I may have a problem with the car?

Regards,
Troy
Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by emp69
Once the doors are locked and your inside the car, about 60seconds later you can not get out of the car. Only way is with the key remote, is there any way to extend this time? Or do you think I may have a problem with the car?

Regards,
Troy
Your description is not the same am my experience. To get out:
1) Pull door handle onece to unlock - Pull again to open door.
or
2) Press center dash button to unlock doors - pull door handle to open

It sounds like you are describing a situation where the car is locked from the outside and alarm activated. The interior buttons will not unlock the car. Imagine you have open windows (or someone breaks one) and they get in the car. They still are not able to unlock and open a door. If you are in the car and lock it with the fob to activate the alarm, then the alarm will go off from the interior motion detector.

Seems like something is amiss in your situation.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Members

Thanks,

Let me paint the picture.

My daughter was in the back seat, my wife was getting something out of the boot, however she locked the car instead of opening the boot. This locked the car, and my daughter was still inside. Then my wife dropped the keys in the boot and closed the lid!!!! After about 60 seconds the inside locks and windows no longer work. So we had to borrows someones car and drove home to get the spare set of keys.

So 2 options I see, add a hidden button somewhere in the car to unlock the door or options 2 extend the timeout delay to 15min?

Any one have an idea how to do the above?

Again, I am new to the BMW, only had it 3 weeks and just love the ride.

Regards,
Troy
Old 12-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by emp69
Thanks,

Let me paint the picture.

My daughter was in the back seat, my wife was getting something out of the boot, however she locked the car instead of opening the boot. This locked the car, and my daughter was still inside. Then my wife dropped the keys in the boot and closed the lid!!!! After about 60 seconds the inside locks and windows no longer work. So we had to borrows someones car and drove home to get the spare set of keys.

So 2 options I see, add a hidden button somewhere in the car to unlock the door or options 2 extend the timeout delay to 15min?

Any one have an idea how to do the above?

Again, I am new to the BMW, only had it 3 weeks and just love the ride.

Regards,
Troy

Its a lot of effort for a situation that will rarely (I hope) happen. You would be better going to the dealer and ordering a valet plastic key that will open the doors and keeping it on a separate key chain, or in your wallet / purse / phone case. The key will just open doors and the boot but not start the car...

Fairly cheap, quick and easy way to avoid this in the future.

Hope that helps

Jay
Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Jim, did you discover the module to do this?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Jim, did you discover the module to do this?

No. I didn't get anywhere with this one .

I did realize though that I didn't want the door to actually unlock automatically to allow the door to then open with just one pull. That wouldn't be a safe feature if you really need your door to staty locked. I know my wife didn't want anything like that going on. When I originally thought I wanted to do this I was thinking more like one pull that unlocks and opens the door.

Quick Reply: NCS coding for door locks