DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

LOW COOLANT MESSAGE

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1028122' date='Oct 8 2009, 08:51 PM
Stealers! My indie replaced my expansion tank, hose, and cabin filter for $225!
Well Folks I went to the dealer and it what we suspected it was the the upper and lower hose had to be replace and the sensor to it cost me $700 if it wasnt for the fact that I didnt have another car to get me back and forth to work it and if I had the time I would of bought the two holes and senor for about 150 bucks and did the job myself. On top of that they tell me my oil valve gasket needs to be replace because it was leaking oil so that was annother $800 buck I so mad at my self for not going with my gut instinct when I had the time to fix it or at least fix the holes that I had supsected were leaking. But this was my first major big expense on this car but now I found BMW mechanic that has resonable price without the huge overhead prices that come with the dealership and if there every any thing else that come about I will consulant with my E 60 form people before running to the dealer.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525i

Originally Posted by kduff70' post='1030599' date='Oct 12 2009, 08:10 PM
Well Folks I went to the dealer and it what we suspected it was the the upper and lower hose had to be replace and the sensor to it cost me $700 if it wasnt for the fact that I didnt have another car to get me back and forth to work it and if I had the time I would of bought the two holes and senor for about 150 bucks and did the job myself. On top of that they tell me my oil valve gasket needs to be replace because it was leaking oil so that was annother $800 buck I so mad at my self for not going with my gut instinct when I had the time to fix it or at least fix the holes that I had supsected were leaking. But this was my first major big expense on this car but now I found BMW mechanic that has resonable price without the huge overhead prices that come with the dealership and if there every any thing else that come about I will consulant with my E 60 form people before running to the dealer.
glad you find the reason of missing coolant. I have another problem - each morning, when the engine reaches its working temperature I have a steam/smoke coming from the bonnet for 5-10 seconds. It only happens once and only when the engine reaches its working temperature. My dealer replaced the thermostat about two months ago when I complained about the steam, but it happens again. Oh, and before I had the engine replaced (excessive oil consumption) maybe dealer broke one of the hose .... what is annoying is the fact I am sure it is dealership problem and not the car ...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by kduff70' post='1030599' date='Oct 12 2009, 01:10 PM
700?!?!?!?!?! I'm not very mechanical and I bought both parts for $70 and installed it myself, and I consider myself a noob.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530i 87 325is 85 VW GTI

Return hose 17127519257

Shipping 9.00
Garry
401-847-9600 ext 2448
Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Members

I'm so mad you all I took my car to the deal to get those repair I told you about and when I pick up the car it was ok till the next morning now the low coolant light came on again and now I have to fill coolant up every time I Drive over three hour .I look under the hood and there a drip on the upper hose and when they change my valve cover gasket they forgot to put one of the screws back on the engine cover I 'm so mad. You know Monday I be right back up at the dealer .This is crazy I paid all that money and now my problem is worst then when it started and these are the dealer aka the stealer. Now I?m an electrical engineer and if you wanted electricity to your home I would have to make sure I give you the right supply of electricity and make sure your house is grounded properly if I slip up and didn?t ground your house it could catch on fire and you?ll be looking for me , so I kind treat this in the same matter as if I paid for a service and you forget screws and claps and my coolant is leaking every 2hrs what if I had be going long distance and had no coolant and my engine burn up know who would be responsible? This is what?s making mad sorry guys just venting but will see what happens tomorrow when I bring the car back just wanted to let you all know.