DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Installing whiter fog light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='518609' date='Jan 15 2008, 11:05 PM
YES ME! I did that!!! hahaha and I posted that... and MANY MANY MANY others did the PIAA a long time ago but I have a better solution.

Get these... trust me.

http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index...products_id=925
I finally clicked the link above and these are the same exact bulbs that don't fit my car. Perhaps BMW changed the bulb type. It's my fault for not doing my homework before i bought the bulbs from a member.

Hey TBONE - what year is your car?

BTW - PM me if your interested in the bulbs in the link, i'll sell you the pair I have...cheap!

IT
Old 01-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='520080' date='Jan 19 2008, 01:44 PM
I finally clicked the link above and these are the same exact bulbs that don't fit my car. Perhaps BMW changed the bulb type. It's my fault for not doing my homework before i bought the bulbs from a member.

Really? ok I think we need to make an announcement. I didnt know BMW changed their bulb type and went away from 9006. New for LCI? anyone know? I'm 100% positive 9006 is the correct bulb type for pre-LCI cars for fogs.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='519192' date='Jan 17 2008, 09:34 AM
OK, I just ordered them up. I wasn't crazy about how the Extreme Force says they look blue even when the lights are off.

BTW, your ride looks sweet. I love the 19's you put on. Did you get them from BMW or aftermarket? I just got my 550 and am itching to do something, but the engine seems like it doesn't need touching. So I'm thinking of just some exterior/interior for starters. I just ordered the fog lights and some AC Schnitzer pedals. Did you add the M5 front bumper and side-skirts or did you do the rear as well? How much does something like that run (if you don't mind me asking)?

Uh O... did you read IT Nurse post? if you have a LCI E60... 2008+ those might not work for you. But since you're asking about the M-Tech bumper sounds like you dont have a 2008. BECAUSE the 2008 sport packaged 550 comes wiht the M-Tech kit already.

The rims I bought off of vegastrashed, another member of E60.net he got new wheels at the time and now a Merc E63. so they are Original BMW wheels, I would not recommend getting aftermarket wheels.

I added the M-Tech front bumper and side skirts RIGHT when it was released in the US. at the time I preferred the look of the red rear bumper markers and didnt really like the M-Tech rear so I didnt get the rear bumper. Just the front and the sides cost quite a bit back then... I forget exactlly how much... close to $3K I want to say... its much cheaper now. You can probably get the whole kit, front sides and rear for less than $2k now. run some searches and you should come up with some pricing.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

The rims I bought off of vegastrashed, another member of E60.net he got new wheels at the time and now a Merc E63. so they are Original BMW wheels, I would not recommend getting aftermarket wheels.

I added the M-Tech front bumper and side skirts RIGHT when it was released in the US. at the time I preferred the look of the red rear bumper markers and didnt really like the M-Tech rear so I didnt get the rear bumper. Just the front and the sides cost quite a bit back then... I forget exactlly how much... close to $3K I want to say... its much cheaper now. You can probably get the whole kit, front sides and rear for less than $2k now. run some searches and you should come up with some pricing.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info on the kit and the rims. I'll have to keep my eyes out for some M5 rims. As far as the fog lights, I have a 2006 550i and the 9006's should be the right ones (thanks again for the tip on the MTEC's). I am supposed to get them on Tuesday, so I'll let you know for sure.
Since I'm new to doing mods, I'm thinking of just doing the ACS front add-on lip. I looked up a couple of EBAY sellers and they are selling anywhere from $50!! to about $350. When I pinged another EBAY user who bought the $50 one he said he loved it and it added a much nicer look then stock, but it did require some sanding cutting and filling (so prof. install a must). I'm just not sure how much I'm able to spend right now.........body kit or college saving plan for kids.

We'll see, but your ride does look nice. I don't know why, but it seems like the west coast has a lot more going on as far as car modifications. Every place selling stuff or installing stuff seems to be in SoCal! I'm jealous.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Have we ever come to a conclusion as to the proper bulb size for the fogs on a 2008 E60 (LCI Car)??
Old 06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='558130' date='Apr 8 2008, 05:41 PM
Have we ever come to a conclusion as to the proper bulb size for the fogs on a 2008 E60 (LCI Car)??
I would also like to know. Will the MTECH White work? I don't have the xenon headlights. Just the standard.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Contributors

marco, do yourself a favor........PM member elitemotorsport and tell him i sent you! i bought his HID 6000k fog lights for our LCI and it works awesome with no flickering or error codes! bright as hell and matches our stock xenon! i've had them for over a wk with no problems or flickering.

would this guniea pig steer your wrong?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i Black Sapphire Metalic/Auburn Interior, Sports Package, Premium Package, Side and Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth with IPhone connected.

THANK YOU MACFLY FOR GUIDING EVERYONE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION !

WOULD YOU PUT 87 OCTANE FUEL IN YOUR E60 ? I WOULDN'T EVEN THOUGH SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD BECAUSE OF HIGH GAS PRICES ! A HIGH QULITY ERROR FREE "WITHOUT ERROR CABLE CANCELLERS" HID KIT IS THE WAY TO GO WITH YOUR BMW E60 OR ANY TOP OF THE LINE CAR. I DON'T KNOW HOW SOME E60 MEMEBERS PUT SUCH CHEAP LOW QUALITY KITS ON THERE E60 EVEN CHEAP HID IMITATION HALOGEN "WHITE XEONS" . I WOULD UNDERSTAND IF YOU WERE DRIVING A RICER " NO OFFENCE" BUT YOU GUYS ARE DRIVING A $45,000- UP HIGH TECH VECHILES WHICH DESERVES THE BEST. ATLEAST THATS THE WAY I TREAT MY E60 AND I AM SURE THERE IS OTHERS OUT THERE WHICH THINK LIKE ME. READ THIS , ON MY POST IT SHOULD HELP http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...t=0&start=0
Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='516333' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:30 AM
Hey there,

I've got HID fogs and no error message on idrive / blinking of fog lights.

The HID kit was $80 dollars and the cable to cancel out the idrive message was $24-25 dollars. Let me know if you need me to point you in the right direction.

I've had it since november and haven't had any problem at all with it.

MK
yes plz do looking for a kit now need help and i dont want a error mess thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='516333' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:30 AM
Hey there,

I've got HID fogs and no error message on idrive / blinking of fog lights.

The HID kit was $80 dollars and the cable to cancel out the idrive message was $24-25 dollars. Let me know if you need me to point you in the right direction.

I've had it since november and haven't had any problem at all with it.

MK
and u from nyc to like will deff pick up tom if i can hit me back....

Quick Reply: Installing whiter fog light bulbs