DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Installation Manual for IPOD - MOST Interface

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought the following for my 07 525Xi
BMW Cover for CD Changer 51167063515
BMW iPodŽ Interface Adapter-For vehicles produced 09/03 and later. 65110439425
It did not come with installation manual, tried searching internet and this forum, I could not find step by step installation manual, can some one help me?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

You probably not searchin' hard enough ... at least this thread = http://forums.5serie...stallation-diy/ ... among many others.

Now keep in mind a lot of variable on this, at least the thread above apply to those that has CD changer, if not you have to break the MOST fiber line bundle before the install (if you CDC prewired, based on the MY you should be) after that you may need the Dealer to do coding enable so your iDrive know there's an additional input source.

GL!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
You probably not searchin' hard enough ... at least this thread = http://forums.5serie...stallation-diy/ ... among many others.

Now keep in mind a lot of variable on this, at least the thread above apply to those that has CD changer, if not you have to break the MOST fiber line bundle before the install (if you CDC prewired, based on the MY you should be) after that you may need the Dealer to do coding enable so your iDrive know there's an additional input source.

GL!
Thank you 'BlaSTiWi', I did come across the thread, you had posted, I was actually looking for original installation manual. I emailed the dealer who sold me the kit and he promptly sent the pdf today.
Yes my car is prewired, do I still have to go to the dealer for coding?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

It depends ... do you see CD1-6 in the iDrive menu or just simply CD?

If you just see CD then you likely have to get coding 'cuz your iDrive only know that a single CD source (which is the in-dash) but if you have like the CDC then the iPod interface will automagically work since the operation of the iPod interface uses the CDC system.

Originally Posted by ponnu
Thank you 'BlaSTiWi', I did come across the thread, you had posted, I was actually looking for original installation manual. I emailed the dealer who sold me the kit and he promptly sent the pdf today.
Yes my car is prewired, do I still have to go to the dealer for coding?