DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

If you have any tech question about the E60

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oopppss...forgot to sign in on my last post..thanks again
Old 07-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey (premium, sport, nav)

I recently had to take my car in for service because of the following probs:

-Windows and sunroof would sometimes go up halfway then go back down automatically.

-BMW assist was not set up correctly, patched me directly to 911 emergency dispatch

Dealer said they had to do do a full reboot of my software and now I notice the RDS does not work at all on the radio stations. Also, in the Climate control, vent settings, I no longer have the option box for AUTO SETTINGS at the bottom. Prior to the reboot, my main menu displayed the vent settings on the bottom left and now they are gone. Pretty minor stuff but just curious if anyone else had similar issues since they had a software upgrade?
Old 07-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Members

I had the same problem with my passenger window rolling down after getting half way up. I had other minor problems, the dealer told me that the software update should take care of my problems. It did, but I still experience the window roll up/down issue sometimes.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by LouDawg' date='Jul 8 2004, 06:02 PM
I recently had to take my car in for service because of the following probs:

-Windows and sunroof would sometimes go up halfway then go back down automatically.

-BMW assist was not set up correctly, patched me directly to 911 emergency dispatch

Dealer said they had to do do a full reboot of my software and now I notice the RDS does not work at all on the radio stations. Also, in the Climate control, vent settings, I no longer have the option box for AUTO SETTINGS at the bottom. Prior to the reboot, my main menu displayed the vent settings on the bottom left and now they are gone. Pretty minor stuff but just curious if anyone else had similar issues since they had a software upgrade?
The vent setting change in I-drive to remove the auto is a permanent change to CIP 12.0. All new cars from now on will also have this change.

On RDS not working, you certain RDS is on (e.g. turn it off, then turn it On... In So. Cal try Power 106 [105.9[ as they transmit RDS always)...
Old 07-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Members

Arrow

jmcaiado and everyone who knows an exact answer
I have had this problem for months and I cannot find a solution.
My E60 came with a BMW built in phone. It is built in under the arm rest, it is wireless and communicates via BlueTooth.
Now I don't want to take my SIM card and switch it between my mobile and the car everytime I drive. That's why BMW came up with the Bluetooth option which enables you to pair your mobile phone with the car, and just use it through the car's system .
I have searched a lot , and found out that the mobile phone need to have bluetooth with headset profile in order to work with BMW. My phone has it, and it does work with other BMWs (E60s) that don't have a BMW built in phone <_< .

Anyway to make long story short I need some serious help, and no one was able to give me an answer yet. I gave this document (attached bellow) to my service manager and he came back to me saying that the Bluetooth card that you have in your dash board is different from the one that connects to regular mobile phones. Is this true? Bluetooth is a standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guys please look at the document bellow and help me out, I want to do anything to make my regular mobile phone work with the car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bluetooth_problem.pdf (486.0 KB, 206 views)
Old 07-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Desert530' date='Jul 10 2004, 12:45 AM
jmcaiado and everyone who knows an exact answer
I have had this problem for months and I cannot find a solution.
My E60 came with a BMW built in phone. It is built in under the arm rest, it is wireless and communicates via BlueTooth.
Now I don't want to take my SIM card and switch it between my mobile and the car everytime I drive. That's why BMW came up with the Bluetooth option which enables you to pair your mobile phone with the car, and just use it through the car's system .
I have searched a lot , and found out that the mobile phone need to have bluetooth with headset profile in order to work with BMW. My phone has it, and it does work with other BMWs (E60s) that don't have a BMW built in phone <_< .

Anyway to make long story short I need some serious help, and no one was able to give me an answer yet. I gave this document (attached bellow) to my service manager and he came back to me saying that the Bluetooth card that you have in your dash board is different from the one that connects to regular mobile phones. Is this true? Bluetooth is a standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guys please look at the document bellow and help me out, I want to do anything to make my regular mobile phone work with the car.
I'm stumped... Any of the German readers have the BMW Bluetooth Handset?

After you pair the Sony Ericsson, do you turn the car off entirely? (key out) Turn it back on and see if the Comm settings are any different. Somehow it seems the TCU GSM unit is being used always even if no SIM is present. In theroy with no SIM present it should allow you to pair to another handset. Again this is in theroy as we do not have this kit in the US so I can't verify this first hand.
It is quite possible that the Professional Phone 638 doesn't get a proper BMW ULF/Bluetooth module. The right thing to ask the dealer is how can you support a proper Bluetooth phone not just the BMW Professional phone Bluetooth handset.

BT even though it's a standard it can be used any which way...
Old 07-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Senior Members

Uhhh, it seems from looking through some info that the TCU can ONLY be paired to one BT device at a time. So question is can you do the following to depair the BMW handset (which BTW is nothing more than a 'cordless' handset using BT as a the wireless protocol as it can only run with the TCU - it has no GSM modem/baseband)

A bluetooth handset can be de-paired as followed using the CID (Central Information Display) and the Controller:
- Press the "Menu" button => Start menu is called up.
- Call up menu i (press Controller).
- Select "Communication" settings (press Controller).
- Select "bluetooth" (press Controller).
- Select "Telephone/modem" (press Controller).
Old 07-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Members

Yes i tried everything, turning it off entirely or not. Even turning the built in handset off and taking it off the cradle. Still it does not pair
what is killing me that when I tried it with other E60s it worked perfectly, and even copied the phone book.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NickP' date='Jul 10 2004, 01:12 AM
Uhhh, it seems from looking through some info that the TCU can ONLY be paired to one BT device at a time. So question A bluetooth handset can be de-paired as followed using the CID (Central Information Display) and the Controller:
- Press the "Menu" button => Start menu is called up.
- Call up menu i (press Controller).
- Select "Communication" settings (press Controller).
- Select "bluetooth" (press Controller).
- Select "Telephone/modem" (press Controller).
I don't have such thing as "Telephone/modem" as you directed me.
once you are in bluetooth that is is.
there are two options
Settings: where you turn bluetooth on/off
Phone: where you see listed devices, and also where you have to be when searching for devices in order to find BMW*****
Old 07-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Senior Members

Did the other E60's have the BMW Bluetooth handsfree headset (meaning the Pro Phone) or had NO BMW phone and JUST BT?

There has to be a way to unpair the BMW handset as I know from a service point of view you have to re-pair a replacement....

Does the manual for your BMW phone describe how to re-pair or de-pair the phone.

Quick Reply: If you have any tech question about the E60