DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

HELP!! My iDrive Turned BLUE

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok about my iDrive turning blue. The dealer thinks that there might be faulty wiring since the Red signal is not coming through to the screen. They think it might be a loose connection, but if they check the connection, and its not a loose connection then it might be the MASK. Also my key is not recognized by the car, and the dealer thinks it might be a faulty key, but I just think that they need to reprogram the key, I can't get them to understand that part. If they do get a new key, how much does it normally cost?

Regards,
Pete
Old 10-06-2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

a new key should not be that expensive about 100-130$, i think they also need to program the car for the new key.

if you didnt use your old key perhaps its just discharged or not charging...
Old 10-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I would think that the issue with the key would be a warranty item as well, wouldn't it?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Thats what I thought, but they said, no. They want me to pay for it, if in fact they find it faulty. I asked them to try and reprogram the key but they don't seem to know that these cars can be programmed or something. So i asked, when you get me a new key, what do you do? they simply replied, we stick in our computer, and put your car data in, and I'm like well stick my old key in, erase everything, and put everything back. They still don't understand what I'm trying to tell them, I guess they just want money for the key.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Are there any other dealers you can use?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Contributors

If they can't sort it out, I might go to another dealer. But I've been going to this one for all my car problems, so I just want to stick to it. If I go to another one, they might not be as nice and lenient about some of the problems.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='342314' date='Oct 6 2006, 12:44 PM
If they can't sort it out, I might go to another dealer. But I've been going to this one for all my car problems, so I just want to stick to it. If I go to another one, they might not be as nice and lenient about some of the problems.
But then again, it doesn't sound like the current dealer is being very "nice" if they're trying to charge you for replacing a defective key...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

these stupid things happened with my dealer here in Bangladesh and I walked out on them and never went back...actually they really dont know anything....i can feel your pain 525iSE....
Old 10-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Contributors

But they've been very nice on many other things. Free MP3 retrofit, free installing of door sills, lots of other stuff, they did for free, which they can charge a bit of money for. So lets see how it turns out. Although I was thinking of going to the other dealer, because they say the service at that dealer is the best. Barcelona Motors to be specific, but they charge more, but I'm thinking of going there. But this dealer that I've been going to have been very good in solving my problems. They also said, squeaky brakes will be repaired under my expense, if they need repairing, and I'm like, so many other of the forum members, got the squeaky brake problems fixed under warranty, because its usually a faulty sensor or something.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Contributors

Ok Harry was right. The MASK is the problem. They said that it'll be replaced under warranty. I will get my car back Tuesday. I won't have to pay anything unless they do find my taps, which I will not know until I get my car back. Right now, they've decided to get the new MASK from BMW Thailand, so hopefully they bring the MASK, put it in, code and don't check the wires. As for the keys, both my keys don't work, so now its not a faulty key, so does anyone know whats up with the keys? and Harry, thanks for letting us know that its the MASK, and now I can confirm it. Regards.

Quick Reply: HELP!! My iDrive Turned BLUE