DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY: LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon Non-AHL Euro Spec

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:27 AM
ysp
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 LCI

I have a BMW E60 month 08 year 2007 LCI,it came with normal halogen what i mean with level is that (i believe is nothing special) than when i start the car it lights down bit up and then takes the right position but is not Dinamic xenon!about what i said before is not right about the 3 cables together,now i changed the ping to ping 5 on the right headlight that the high shutter didnt work and now works again (sorry english is not my mother language bit difficult to explain sometimes)
My angel eyes start but after a bit turns off.Big problem is that almost all works until i start the engine then i get the errors and the lights start flashing any idea?

Thanks for tring to help me!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:12 AM
ysp
New Members

My car is a E60 month 08/07 so LCI it came with normal halogen lights;what i mean with level is that when i set the lights on they light down,up and back to middle i had that to in my car and that works perfect so are not dinamic xenon!About that 3 cables sorry i was wrong just the same cause i umplug then is just the same,now i change ping 6 to ping 5 on the right one and now high shutter also works so i believe left is also like that cause high shutter works too,AE works but for a moment then turns off and for the rest all works fine until i start the engine then i get flashing lights(indicators and eyebrow always works perfect).also the problem is that i cant put the ping 50 and ping 12 back in its place cause i cut it to make it easier to joint all 3 cables together something im very sorry i did any idea will be appreciate cant drive my car not more

Sorry didnt see that my answer was in page number 2!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM
ysp
New Members

Ok i solved my problem what i did was using the LM2 that i got together with the bi-xenon headlights and i had to change pin 6 back to where it was before pin 5 then my high beam werked again!but in the LM2 i did like you also did about putting 3 cables together(pin 50,12 with new pin 48) otherwise did'nt work!now i believe it was all about the coding was not good made here's what i did:
i used expert profile with NCS then i add $522 to the FA,ok,then back read ecu,CAS,change job to FA WRITE when the job was done i choosed LMA and i also did FA WRITE which step did i miss or did wrong?cause i will do saturday $A430 retrofit (folding mirrors) and need to know what im doing wrong!
Also now i have an error HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT FAULTY how can i solve this?
This is out of topic but...I also changed my seats to sport seats bit ago and i still have an error RESTRAINT SYSTEM FAULTY due to the new driver seat did'nt have a tensor on the left side and the old seat did any ideas?only driver seat was different!
Also how can i get the BI-XENON function do i need to tap any other cable?i looked better to your pics and my lights,lights the sameway like yours but its not supposse to light both thats the reazon is call BI-xenon? will show you pics after maybe they are already like they have to be!

Dude thanks a lot for your help and for the DIY i really appreciate that! for sure if i can save money doing all myself! and at the same time learning something!
Thanks

Last edited by ysp; 11-13-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by ysp
Ok i solved my problem what i did was using the LM2 that i got together with the bi-xenon headlights and i had to change pin 6 back to where it was before pin 5 then my high beam werked again!but in the LM2 i did like you also did about putting 3 cables together(pin 50,12 with new pin 48) otherwise did'nt work!now i believe it was all about the coding was not good made here's what i did:
i used expert profile with NCS then i add $522 to the FA,ok,then back read ecu,CAS,change job to FA WRITE when the job was done i choosed LMA and i also did FA WRITE which step did i miss or did wrong?cause i will do saturday $A430 retrofit (folding mirrors) and need to know what im doing wrong!
Also now i have an error HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT FAULTY how can i solve this?
This is out of topic but...I also changed my seats to sport seats bit ago and i still have an error RESTRAINT SYSTEM FAULTY due to the new driver seat did'nt have a tensor on the left side and the old seat did any ideas?only driver seat was different!
Also how can i get the BI-XENON function do i need to tap any other cable?i looked better to your pics and my lights,lights the sameway like yours but its not supposse to light both thats the reazon is call BI-xenon? will show you pics after maybe they are already like they have to be!

Dude thanks a lot for your help and for the DIY i really appreciate that! for sure if i can save money doing all myself! and at the same time learning something!
Thanks

I'm a bit confused...you keep describing symptoms that happen if your VO is still set to halogen. Did you end up fixing the issue and simply have a few errors? Also, my lights are not auto-leveling at all. It seems that yours are. This could definitely be an issue. Also, are you using a xenon or halogen-based LM2?

With that in mind it could definitely be possible that you aren't coding for this correctly. Unfortunately, I didn't do the coding part myself so all I can do is advise you to find a DIY for adding Xenon to your VO.

If you can..post up some pics of your lights and your plugs and show me what you've done so far and whats working and whats not. This will help me identify if you've missed a step. We'll take it from there
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
ysp
New Members

I used the LM2( then all werked,with mine didnt so thats why i guess that the coded was not good done ) that came with the lights so it was already coded to xenon it was a car with an accident and i got the bi-xenon headlights,the LM2 and the headlights washer whish without the headlights washer you are not aloud to drive in europe!
I will take pictures from what i did saturday and i will upload then!i believe that you didnt got the same error cause you turn the bulb checkout off,correct me if im wrong?

0:00 and im still awake trying to fix the error problem!my neighbord thinks im crazy i read the cas againg and then i wrote it to the LMA and the error from the high beam is gone i will say yes wow but now i get righ and left daytime light marker error and my angel eyes dont work anymore neither i know that you dont know about coding but is there anyone you cas ask please cause im getting crazy over here i think there is something i do wrong with the LMA cause when i replaced with the one i got i only got the error from the high beam but all worked i hope one of the coding experts here in this forum can give me a hand!

thanks

Last edited by ysp; 11-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Since you are using a xenon-based LM2 I would imagine that you might have to do some additional pin swapping and possibly coding to get this to work 100%. The easier way to do this is to get your Halogen LM2 coded properly. However, I am still not sure which lights you have. Could you post some pics? That would definitely help me identify the problem. I get the feeling that your headlights are not the same as mine and therefore this project is going to require a few more steps to complete.

If I get a chance this weekend I'll look for the document that has the entire pin configuration for each type of LM2.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
ysp
New Members

[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
ysp
New Members

[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
ysp
New Members

Sorry if the pictures are to big!the first pic is the result i got after i swap to the precoded to xenon LM2 the second one is what i have now trying to erase the errors as you can see the angel eyes are not working and before they did so dont really know what i did wrong cause i didnt change nothing at all i just wanted to compare the coded to xenon LM2 with mine to see what was different!
Thanks i hope you give me a hand,i will also upload pics saturday to show you what i did!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Senior Members

Ok. So you do have the same headlights as me. Now the only issue is the fact that you're using a xenon-based LM2. If everything is working and you simply have errors you might be able to code it out. If things are still not working even with the xenon LM2 then you'll probably need to swap a few pins. Whats the status of your project as of now?

Quick Reply: DIY: LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon Non-AHL Euro Spec