DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY: LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon Non-AHL Euro Spec

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 PM
ysp
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 LCI

Well everything was working before but i had an error so i tried with ncs to code it again and now angel eyes are not working anymore
they begin to flash at start up and then they go off,any idea about the problem?but if we have same headlights then you have adaptive headlights too!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

What do you mean by 'adaptive'? Those are not adaptive headlights.

Originally Posted by ysp
[...] but if we have same headlights then you have adaptive headlights too!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 AM
ysp
New Members

I mean that it levels by itself,that at start up the lights goes up,down and the back to middle i think this is call adaptive.
Can you please send me a copy from your LMA that i can compare to see what i dont have activate?if its not to much ask also one from the CAS please,maybe if i replace my LMA file by yours i can fix the problem.
Here you can see the auto level that i mean,
in europe what you call adaptive we call it dinamic xenon.

if you want to send me a copy from LMA and CAS here's my email ysp023@gmail.com i will really appreciate that!
thanks

Last edited by ysp; 11-18-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

Auto level = lens go up & down (which required with Xenon)
Adaptive = lens go left or right when cornering at specific speed on car that has the option.

Auto leveling is not = Adaptive function.

LCI light that has adaptive function has a frosted inner/smaller round reflector not dark/clear lens like us.

As for trace file you don't want to re-use trace from other as you'll mess it ... just a warning but feel free to try & good luck.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 11-18-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Auto level = lens go up & down (which required with Xenon)
Adaptive = lens go left or right when cornering at specific speed on car that has the option.

Auto leveling is not = Adaptive function.

LCI light that has adaptive function has a frosted inner/smaller round reflector not dark/clear lens like us.

As for trace file you don't want to re-use trace from other as you'll mess it ... just a warning but feel free to try & good luck.
If thats the case...my lights might be auto-leveling as well? though this function doesn't work since I don't have the sensor installed...Interesting...I'll have to look into this. Are your lights auto-leveling?

Ysp you may look at the following links and see what each pin does on the LM2.

WDS Wiring Diagram System

And...whatever is not on that map you can find on this one that is slightly different:

WDS Wiring Diagram System

I remember being told that you may need to swap some pins for your AE to work properly.

Try doing the following:

Move pin 25, GR/GN, to pin 63
Move pin 40, GR/BL, to pin 11

This may allow your AE to work if the pins are moved to the new location.

Let me know if any of this information helps you fix your issue. When I did the retrofit I was told that my AE may not be running at 35 watts unless I swapped a few pins. This might be happening to you.

Let me know

Last edited by MORI3L; 11-18-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
ysp
New Members

Cool i will try tomorrow what you said!Also my AE have HID installed do you think this is the problem?
Yes my lights are auto leveling and that works perfect but my halogen lights were also auto leveling.i only have that issue with the AE and a few new warnings in the screen after i tried to erase one i got more i will not give up until is working!(side marker left and right)the one from the high beam assistant is gone and another one that i cant remember now!

Thanks Blastiwi for jumping in an clarified that!
i still would like to have a trace file from the LMA that is working with bi-xenon at least to compare to see if there is differences i still believe that all the issues are due to coding!hope im not wrong!

Last edited by ysp; 11-19-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yes ... your lights, my lights & all Xenon lights have stepper motor inside it ... if you recall inside the headlight the roundish kinda look part near the Xenon lens and somehow connected to the long white plastic up/down adjustment screw is the thing.

But just like my car since your car started from non-Xenon we don't have the auto-leveling (if you recall you left out 4 pin w/o wires to them in the plug) ... OTH some Euro market cars has cabin adjustable (manual) dial on the headlight switch (similar to interior dimming) except w/ numbers that also adjust the headlight up/down.

Installing auto-leveling is PITA ... you have to install sensor each near front & rear wheel then run wires from them to the LM after that run at least 4 wires from the LM to each of the headlight and coding.

Originally Posted by MORI3L
If thats the case...my lights might be auto-leveling as well? though this function doesn't work since I don't have the sensor installed...Interesting...I'll have to look into this. Are your lights auto-leveling?
[...]
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by ysp
Cool i will try tomorrow what you said!Also my AE have HID installed do you think this is the problem?
Yes my lights are auto leveling and that works perfect but my halogen lights were also auto leveling.i only have that issue with the AE and a few new warnings in the screen after i tried to erase one i got more i will not give up until is working!(side marker left and right)the one from the high beam assistant is gone and another one that i cant remember now!

Thanks Blastiwi for jumping in an clarified that!
i still would like to have a trace file from the LMA that is working with bi-xenon at least to compare to see if there is differences i still believe that all the issues are due to coding!hope im not wrong!
YES! HID AE might be your problem. Try with normal bulbs. If it works then we know its your HID and I can help you fix that. The car will drop voltage on the AE down once the Lo beams are on so this could explain why they are shutting off. If that doesn't work try pin swapping while using normal bulbs next.

Last edited by MORI3L; 11-19-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
ysp
New Members

Blastiwi i got to say that my car 2007/2008 came with halogen and also auto-leveling,(I live in Europe not in USA where maybe is an option)which there is something i dont understand why are auto leveling not working for Mori3l,maybe try coding Mori3l.
I will try friday to change AE bulb to the ones from my halogen headlights and or swap pins i will let you know!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

As I already mentioned on my previous post (few posts up) here in USA ... headlight leveling is only on Xenon light ... Halogen cars don't get any ... so must do manual adjustment using screw driver directly on the headlight (where you adjust left/right and up/down).

And also USA cars get only adaptive Xenon so the headlight has white frosted inner/smaller lens does not look like the Xenon what we are using.

You can not simply code 'cuz halogen car here in USA does not have leveling sensor or wires from LMA to the sensors and/or to the headlight.

Originally Posted by ysp
Blastiwi i got to say that my car 2007/2008 came with halogen and also auto-leveling,(I live in Europe not in USA where maybe is an option)which there is something i dont understand why are auto leveling not working for Mori3l,maybe try coding Mori3l.
I will try friday to change AE bulb to the ones from my halogen headlights and or swap pins i will let you know!

Quick Reply: DIY: LCI Halogen to LCI Xenon Non-AHL Euro Spec