DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CiC Retrofit compilation

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Okay, I will do that after I get the diagnostic results back from the BMW dealer on Monday.

And when I have more uninterupted time, I will do additional research and reading from the forums.

Thank you,

Daniel

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Try take a look on post #17 up above, then click & use that "Contact: Email me" link down below under his sig. maybe you'll get faster response ... GL!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a question about the CiC can the 80GB internal hdd be replaced with a hdd which is not from 10 years ago like at least 1TB?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
i have a question about the CiC can the 80GB internal hdd be replaced with a hdd which is not from 10 years ago like at least 1TB?
it's so complicated to swap the HDD with bigger size ,,, it's required a lot of softwares and lot of work to be able to copy the partitions in a specific partition format ,, some guys have done it on E90forum , you may have a look and see if you can do it ... removing the HDD is really simple ,, 2 screws at the front of the CIC and the HDD is out ..
Old 05-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

sd_dracula,
Another member (Alpina_Matt) had researched this during our original discussions in the first CIC Mod thread we created. In fact he wanted to install an SSD drive as a replacement to benefit not just from the size increase but also enhanced speed. As Ehssan suggested, he did indeed reference information from the E90 forums. Check out post # 381 in this thread for a bit more information on the topic.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994.../page__st__375

If you are still interested you may want to PM him for more information and include it as added reference material.

Cheers!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Are you sure people have been able to swap the HDD. I know someone said they managed to clone the disk but then couldn't resize the partitions.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Are you sure people have been able to swap the HDD. I know someone said they managed to clone the disk but then couldn't resize the partitions.
someone said he was able to resize the partition but he didn't really gave more information about how to ,,, I doubt be honest with you since that thread on the E90forum is almost dead ..
Old 05-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehssan
someone said he was able to resize the partition but he didn't really gave more information about how to ,,, I doubt be honest with you since that thread on the E90forum is almost dead ..
I have friend at Germany who have retrofitted CIC to E46!!! And itīs fully working. He also put bigger HD too. I can ask from him how did he done it

Best regards,
Dunky
Old 06-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dunky
I have friend at Germany who have retrofitted CIC to E46!!! And itīs fully working. He also put bigger HD too. I can ask from him how did he done it

Best regards,
Dunky
so are you waiting for us to tell you to ask ,,, go and ask him you damn it ...... looool ,
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The guy in Germany managed to do all sorts of things to the CIC. But apparently BMW have now changed the CIC firmware and none of him methods work anymore on the latest software.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Contributors

well frankly speaking , I'm not really interested in doing any modifications/changes to anything at the moment ,, but I was joking with Dunky

also I have tried today to copy most of my Ipod music to DL DVD disk ( about 8.2GB ) , I can't be any happier with it ..

I think instead of spending some $$ on new HDD ,, put little more and have COMBOX

Quick Reply: CiC Retrofit compilation