DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CiC Retrofit compilation

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Great DIY file!!!! Definetly the best mod ive done to my car.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Bruce : so swaping the Pre-LCI I-drive to CIC I drive is possible , which Parameter to be changed in the CCC ? , I had my car updated with the latest software available last month , and the PRE-LCI i-drive is socks ,

thanks
Yes it definately possible. If you have the lastest software you just need to change the parameter called ZBE in the CAPPL from "high" to "low".
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW E60 525dA 11-2004 Silver HUD, BT, Voice Control, Active Seats, Seat Heating (front), Xenon HID, Navigation Professional with CCC, Leather Dakota Black, Folding mirros, anti-glare mirrors in+outside, HiFi, CiC retrofitted, Aux in, CD Changer, Dension 500GW, etc...

Originally Posted by nelson29
Great DIY file!!!! Definetly the best mod ive done to my car.
Thanks Nelson, my CiC inspiration

Do you happen to know if the Combox is fitted with the Parrot chipset because my current BT (SA644) MY 2004/11 sucks; bad audio reception, my phone thinks it's connected to a headset, address book not sent, etc... Checking the BMW website is useless since it only shows a few phones but Parrot is known to support the Nokia E90 Communicator.

I'm dying to see how you get on with the Combox retrofit so move it lol j/k

Sven
Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Yes it definately possible. If you have the lastest software you just need to change the parameter called ZBE in the CAPPL from "high" to "low".
That's nice ... will work on it soon then ,, I have to arrange the CIC I-drive controller frame first ,, I couldn't find the PN for it ..
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by brosken
Thanks Nelson, my CiC inspiration

Do you happen to know if the Combox is fitted with the Parrot chipset because my current BT (SA644) MY 2004/11 sucks; bad audio reception, my phone thinks it's connected to a headset, address book not sent, etc... Checking the BMW website is useless since it only shows a few phones but Parrot is known to support the Nokia E90 Communicator.

I'm dying to see how you get on with the Combox retrofit so move it lol j/k

Sven
What do you want to know about the Combox. I have it installed and its working fine. Support for phones is poor at the moment but between the various phones I have in the household I have seen all the features of the combox. Yet to find a single phone that shows all the features on the Combox.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 525dA 11-2004 Silver HUD, BT, Voice Control, Active Seats, Seat Heating (front), Xenon HID, Navigation Professional with CCC, Leather Dakota Black, Folding mirros, anti-glare mirrors in+outside, HiFi, CiC retrofitted, Aux in, CD Changer, Dension 500GW, etc...

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
What do you want to know about the Combox. I have it installed and its working fine. Support for phones is poor at the moment but between the various phones I have in the household I have seen all the features of the combox. Yet to find a single phone that shows all the features on the Combox.
Do you know what kind of chipset is in the combox or the manufacturer? My Nokia E90 is a special case beause my wife her 100? nokia works perfectly contrary to mine .
Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great DIY Sven!

One remark, all the CIC retrofits that I have been selling since the mid of December are ready (software wise) for the Combox retrofit
In other words all CIC units I sell come with the latest software version no matter if you order the Combox at the same time or not.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Contributors

I would highly recommend getting the entire CIC kit from Patrys. His package is complete, and so is his knowledge of these retrofits.

The most important part of these retrofits is
1. Getting the FSC codes,
2. Finding someone who can load these into the system and code your system for the new CIC.

Buying the parts required is the easiest task but here again I would seriously recommend against this because if you don't have the two things above you will be stuck. Buying the kit from Patrys ensures that you get working, tested and pre-programmed sets. Also most CIC sets I have seen around lack one or two parts that you need for the E60, so best to go with someone who does these as complete sets.

Finally a small word about the Combox. The Combox is a significant step up from the TCU, **but** it was never introduced on the E60. Patrys can get the Combox to work on the E60 using !magic!. It just proves that this guy is more than just some kid who has recently downloaded some software from the Internet. The Combox works well on the car, it gives you Internet, office, mobile and ipod integration etc.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrys
Great DIY Sven!

One remark, all the CIC retrofits that I have been selling since the mid of December are ready (software wise) for the Combox retrofit
In other words all CIC units I sell come with the latest software version no matter if you order the Combox at the same time or not.
Thanks Partyk Can you find out what the manufacturer is of the BT chipset in the Combox or if it is a Parrot chipset, I read somewhere that BMW was going to use these? Even better if you know somebody who has a Nokia E90 to test with

Big thanks to Patryk for the coding, parts and time +
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Great How-to brosken! It should serve well to help others.

Quick Reply: CiC Retrofit compilation