DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CiC Retrofit compilation

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did you pay for the CIC unit? I had a look on Ebay and they are like 1100?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by vgza_ti
How much did you pay for the CIC unit? I had a look on Ebay and they are like 1100?
Take my advice, get the kit from Patryk.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Members

Thanks to Bruce, i configured my CIC Controller to work with my PRE- LCI CCC works a treat, even the shortcuts on the controller works,

Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by vgza_ti
you might be lucky having everything done and installed and be able to save to more than 200 to 300 Euros , but imagine you receive something which is not working on your car for some reason ( your car required software update - or the CIC unit required some codings to make it compatible with your car etc etc ) , then its a complete lost for you , so don't waste your time and your money , get your kit from Patryk , this gentleman gets you the best quality you could ever imagine , you will be receiving a fully tested parts - updated with the latest software available - all the required parts for the retrofit including all the cables - terminals and adapters for make this retrofit complete ,, besides , you will have your car updated with all the necessary updates to be able to install the CIC .. and last but not least , you will be added to the list of the 100's of happy customers who dealt with Patryk

check the other reviews about this guy on e90forum.com and m5board.com and many other online forums ,, good luck ..
Old 02-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Members

So, how much does Patryk charge for the necessary CIC parts and remote/over the internet coding?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW E60 525dA 11-2004 Silver HUD, BT, Voice Control, Active Seats, Seat Heating (front), Xenon HID, Navigation Professional with CCC, Leather Dakota Black, Folding mirros, anti-glare mirrors in+outside, HiFi, CiC retrofitted, Aux in, CD Changer, Dension 500GW, etc...

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check in after setting up the dension with the CD changer after the CiC retrofit. Got some probs in that the switch between cdc/dension doesn't work.

FYI: my dension has only 4 dip switches so I presume it's an old version with old manual.
Dip switches are set like this: ON ON OFF OFF

After checking in the compatibility list for the Dension GW500 I noticed the newer models with CiC are wired slightly different;
Apparantly the optical cable is routed like that for cars with CiC (E90,E91,E92,E93):
- Outgoing signal: CiC => Dension => CDC, Return signal: CDC => Dension => CiC

Standard wiring for E60 is:
- Outgoing signal: CCC => CDC => Dension, Return signal: Dension => CDC => CCC

Going to try rerouting the optical tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.

Any thoughts about this guys?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 525dA 11-2004 Silver HUD, BT, Voice Control, Active Seats, Seat Heating (front), Xenon HID, Navigation Professional with CCC, Leather Dakota Black, Folding mirros, anti-glare mirrors in+outside, HiFi, CiC retrofitted, Aux in, CD Changer, Dension 500GW, etc...

Originally Posted by StasGS4
So, how much does Patryk charge for the necessary CIC parts and remote/over the internet coding?
Hi StasGS4,

It depends on what model E60 you have and what kind of audio system you have installed. I think for about 3000 USD you should be set for the OEM model, there are cheaper alternatives if you prefer. Patryk offers them both.

If you are going to buy the parts yourself then I wish you good luck with coding it all and getting it to work because that's not something you learn in a quicky...
Check out the main thread about the retrofit and you'll see for yourself
Old 04-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Members

Very good DIY. I will be posting one soon as well have not finished it yet (went away for three weeks). Have to have a HPFP recall done before i post mine. Patryk, is the man to work with if you are want this retofit.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Hi Patrys,

I have a 2006 BMW 530i with stock premium and sports package. I believe production date is 03/01/2005 (N52 engine). Just recently, my I-Drive Display went blank on me while I was driving on the freeway. Now, my CD, DVD, Navigation, radio and I-Drive Controller is non functional. I think my car comes with a CCC. Will the CIC refrofits fix the problem I am having right now; is that like replacing the whole computer on my car? And can you provide me the price on parts and complete installation/coding? Yes, I realize you are not in California, USA. And I am not sure whether what I am ask is even feasible.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

P.S.
I don't know much about these things... Any inputs and recommendations from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by Patrys
Great DIY Sven!

One remark, all the CIC retrofits that I have been selling since the mid of December are ready (software wise) for the Combox retrofit
In other words all CIC units I sell come with the latest software version no matter if you order the Combox at the same time or not.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Try take a look on post #17 up above, then click & use that "Contact: Email me" link down below under his sig. maybe you'll get faster response ... GL!

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Hi Patrys,

I have a 2006 BMW 530i with stock premium and sports package. I believe production date is 03/01/2005 (N52 engine). Just recently, my I-Drive Display went blank on me while I was driving on the freeway. Now, my CD, DVD, Navigation, radio and I-Drive Controller is non functional. I think my car comes with a CCC. Will the CIC refrofits fix the problem I am having right now; is that like replacing the whole computer on my car? And can you provide me the price on parts and complete installation/coding? Yes, I realize you are not in California, USA. And I am not sure whether what I am ask is even feasible.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

P.S.
I don't know much about these things... Any inputs and recommendations from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: CiC Retrofit compilation