DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CIC Navigation and Combox for the E60

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 525xi Alpine White

Originally Posted by spazticrecords
You bought it directly from BMW?
I guess I shouldn't say directly from BMW, but through a parts dealer. Any dealer or parts store should be able to order it no problem. The part number is 81 38 0 431 610. But when I was using the bmwtechinfo website I did look in the ASAP portal and saw that certain things might be available for purchase, I didnt look around enough to find out exactly though.

Here's what showed up

Originally Posted by E60Sim
@ Slyncka:

Did you activate yours with a CAN bus chip ?
Yes I used one of these. I figure its the best way so that it can be used in any car since it's not tied to a specific VIN or FSC. It can also be taken out and sold separately too so that's what I was interested in. Plus it's easy to install.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

I have the VIN activated CIC , but I'm really thinking of getting the can filter to activate the voice as well ,,

Slyncka : which one you bought ,,the bmwretrofit one ??
Old 06-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I'm going that way as well. Just have to source a non-stolen CIC unit now. I'm not really sure about many of those on ebay.de...

/Sim
Old 06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Members

Hey Ehssan, I didn't get the bmwretrofit one but I just checked it out and it seems like a good deal at that price (still overly expensive but there aren't many other options).

I apologize to everyone else too, I didn't mean for this thread to stall like it did, the programming thing just is putting a real damper on things. I know I'll figure it out though and get back on track sooner than later hopefully. Im still looking into it every day almost.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 530xi sw

to the op, this is great info.

bookmarked.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Slyncka
Hey Ehssan, I didn't get the bmwretrofit one but I just checked it out and it seems like a good deal at that price (still overly expensive but there aren't many other options).

I apologize to everyone else too, I didn't mean for this thread to stall like it did, the programming thing just is putting a real damper on things. I know I'll figure it out though and get back on track sooner than later hopefully. Im still looking into it every day almost.
Which one you got ,, is it from Patryk ??
Old 06-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Contributors

Hey guys thanks for the info on encoding. my question is that if i was to do an update or an upgrade conversion from a Ccc to Cic; which is the newer version, does a BMW tech would be able to do the encoding and the upgrades? Sorry for being off topic, I was just curious because this seems like a project for you guys to learn about encoding right?
Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hey guys thanks for the info on encoding. my question is that if i was to do an update or an upgrade conversion from a Ccc to Cic; which is the newer version, does a BMW tech would be able to do the encoding and the upgrades? Sorry for being off topic, I was just curious because this seems like a project for you guys to learn about encoding right?
ivan545,
The newer version is the LCI CIC module for which the upgrade path is being discussed here in detail. BMW currently does not support this upgrade in our cars which is part of the reason we have so many discussions in our forums regarding how to do it. There are a few groups who are very knowledgeable in this area and with their expertise many of us have migrated to the newer CIC and support hardware etc. The adverse side is that we are paying others a premium to do what in most likeliness we can accomplish ourselves.

The thread was started as a support mechanism to hopefully empower those to attempt the upgrade themselves by provinding all the key bits of information etc on how its done. Because coding plays such a large part of a successful transformation, it is the main topic of discussion in this thread. (Thanks to Slyncka for getting things started). For an overview of what is involved, you can give this link a good read.....

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...1#entry1184214

Once done come on back and lets talk code.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Members

OP? You still working on this project?
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by spazticrecords
OP? You still working on this project?
Actually I just started to look at it again in the last few days. The whole issue with the OPS was really irritating and I spent way too long with it that I needed to take a break for a while.

Anyways, it turns out the OPS was bad so I got a replacement and now it works great. I'm getting back into it now so hopefully more can be figured out.

Quick Reply: CIC Navigation and Combox for the E60