DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CIC Navigation and Combox for the E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 05:24 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 330i e90, 2007 550i e60
Model Year: 2007
Engine: n62 4.8

Originally Posted by Dunky
When you make .ssd file for E60 use your car FA´s with needed adds and make NCS belive that car you have coded is E90. When you make it with your car FA´s comapare that example $609 can be coded for E90 too, yes, it´s navigation pro and it´s suitable for E90... And on and on and on...
If your car E61 make file for E91 and compare again is FA on your E61 suitable to code for E91...

I can code for free over internet if some one want any coding

Best regards,
Dunky
@Dunky I could really use your help. I have an e60 I got recently that was already retrofitted with the CIC and combox. I updated everything with ISTA/P and I can't access the bluetooth menu now. If you can code the combox back in for me I would be willing to pay you! I have and ICOM and all the software, but after messing with this for weeks, I just dont have the time anymore to figure this out. PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Probation Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E60 525i (since 2009, total 180k km...)
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54B25

525i E60, 2004,retrofitted CIC (all working), Mulf1 was defect so I retrofitted a combox Bn2000 Media in.

Most things already work, got USB, I can pair my phones, music streaming works and also phone calls etc. What does not work is that my phones don't reconnect... So they are in the list, but connection is only possible when Idl delete them and add them again.

I adjusted my FA for Cas, LMA and used e90 ssd to code CIC first empty and then read all data. I adjusted cic MAN with settings from e60 CIC. I CANNOT access Media in NCS (Co API Error 2020) and I also don't see media in INPA. Cable is an Obd2. My Bn2000 Media was never coded for my car, it was bought on eBay.

Any idea anyone? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by moskito99; 06-02-2020 at 02:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mohammad Hassan (12-19-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 11:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60

I have similar issue with playlists/cd/dvd not loading, keeps saying please wait. I can play my top 50 songs or so, however it shows no info about the song, or the timer doesn't work, and I cant change the song, just plays my top 50. I will try to code cic further, it happened after I retrofitted Logic7
Old 08-17-2021, 12:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 535i Xdrive MSport, Carbon Black/Natural, 6-Speed Man, Dinan stage 2 ECU upgrade
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54
Post Ribbon cable and connector for the CIC unit and Faceplate

Does anyone know the part number and/or where to purchase a replacement cable to connect the E60 faceplate to the E60 CIC unit?

My faceplate does not light up and i suspect that its the connector since it looks to be chipped. I added some photos.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:28 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530XI, CIC/Combox/TPMS Retrofit (CCC M-ASK Orig)
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52
Default Generating activation code

Originally Posted by Slyncka
So I've been meaning to start this topic for a while now but just have been too busy.
So I have seen that you can leverage a brute-force overwritten certificate to sign your own codes for your own VIN and then activate all features and even generate an update code for new maps (CIC Patcher).

What about updating the VIN in the CIC to match your own VIN, then use the FSC generator to create a code. Does this not work to activate navigation? Is navigation activated separately from having a valid set of maps for your vin? I'm not seeing a very clear answer on this, and my lack of knowledge with regards to how to back up the old VIN and FSC code to ensure in the worst case scenario I have all options available to me is what's keeping me from doing anything for right now. Honestly think I'm just going to buy an icom + icomB kit and then return it after accomplishing the firmware update and software patch.

But it seems to me that that method would be the most obvious to use - and that it might be safe to just assume that anybody else would have thought so too and have already tried. The code from the FSC generator is not the same code needed to activate navigation altogether based on your own maps, etc - and is just for activating a new set of maps?
Old 09-14-2021, 08:56 AM
New Members

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
My Ride: E61 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by kirvedx
So I have seen that you can leverage a brute-force overwritten certificate to sign your own codes for your own VIN and then activate all features and even generate an update code for new maps (CIC Patcher).

What about updating the VIN in the CIC to match your own VIN, then use the FSC generator to create a code. Does this not work to activate navigation? Is navigation activated separately from having a valid set of maps for your vin? I'm not seeing a very clear answer on this, and my lack of knowledge with regards to how to back up the old VIN and FSC code to ensure in the worst case scenario I have all options available to me is what's keeping me from doing anything for right now. Honestly think I'm just going to buy an icom + icomB kit and then return it after accomplishing the firmware update and software patch.

But it seems to me that that method would be the most obvious to use - and that it might be safe to just assume that anybody else would have thought so too and have already tried. The code from the FSC generator is not the same code needed to activate navigation altogether based on your own maps, etc - and is just for activating a new set of maps?
To use the CIC patcher& FSTool for the FSC codes youre CIC must be C1A firmware (thats what you need the ICOM for). Vin can be changed at the same time or through Tool32. You also should code the CIC to your car thru NCSexpert and have the VO updated.

Then load the patcher and create the FSC codes. After that then get the 1B, generate the Maps FSC code, download your preferred map update and upload to CIC

This method is the best(oem like) way to get it all activated