E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

CIC Coding for 2008 M5

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:54 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i
Default CIC Coding for 2008 M5

Hey guys,

Just finished up the hardware portion of the CIC retrofit but now I need to work on coding the unit. Here is the coding that I have done so far:

- opened up NCS Expert
- loaded up the expert mode profile
- selected WIN/ZCS/FA
- selected ZCS/FA f. ECU
- selected E60 for chassis
- selected CAS
- selected Enter FA
- selected E60
- VIN was auto populated into the field
- highlighted old build (was #0907), deleted it
- added #0909
- hit OK
- selected Process ECU
- changed job to FA_WRITE
- executed job
- changed module to LMA (only two modules that were available were the CAS and LMA)
- repeated the same steps

These two things have stuck as when I go back into NCS Expert and read the CAS ECU, I have a build date of #0909. However, I don't think I am done. I am missing all of the M related settings. What else needs to be done? I'm not looking for someone to do it for me as I would like to learn so advice or gentle nudging in the right direction is appreciated I have read through the big long CIC retrofit thread found on this site, it was very useful!

I'm pretty sure I have NCS Expert working correctly (EDIABAS doesn't start though but it must be working since those settings have stuck) and I have WinKFP set up correctly as well.

-Jeffinslaw
Old 05-25-2017, 09:26 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i

Alright, I think I figured it out! I need to also now update my .MAN file to include the desired options such as M settings on the display. Found an excel spreadsheet with the needed options so I will give that a shot. Does that sound correct?

-Jeffinslaw