DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535d E60 *///M Pack* CarbonSwartz

Originally Posted by BallyM5
the files that show up in ncs under cappl are

CCC_APP.C08 CCCA60.PRG A_E60CAP.IPO

thanks
Doh, your CCC needs update to enable welcome lights switch, remember, welcome lights was first introduced in 2007/03, and it seems your CCC has an older firmware than that, so this function didn't exist. CCC_APP.C09 does support it, so it was for a little.

If your welcome lights are working, then let it as it is, it is a function nobody would want to disable, if they are not working because of CAPPL and if you decide to update your car at the dealer, keep in mind that you will loose the configuration we did with your lights, and the TRC you are using for your LMA will not work anymore. We will have to update it to the new version of the updated modules. It is easy once you know how to do it, so don't worry.

EDIT: Maybe... the dealer or someone with an Autoligic, could update only the CCC module without touching the rest of the modules, you would keep your LMA config, it would be less risky, and 15 mins job should be much cheaper than 3-5 hours which takes the full car updating, but i don't know if they can do it (or if they would want to do it).

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Thanks for checking RoberMc I jus thought if its there's might aswel unlock it

The ccc I have was from a 2007 or 2008 car I think il double check but it nothing major I'm happy that the lights work and look great thanks for all your help pm ur PayPal il drop ya some drink money u can have a beer on me

Thanks again
Old 02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Any idea what the new firmware changes are in the ccc I got old brown menu the silver screen menu is the updated firmware
Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Members

Talking

Hi, thanks for your offering, but i only do this for the challenge and/or physical beers when possible, but thanks anyway

I have no idea about what was improved in latter CCC firmwares, i already knew about the colors and design of the menus, and yesterday i learned that firmware C09 is required to enable welcome lights switch in lights menu, but i never had myself a CCC, and the ones i saw, i was like "oh, what time is it?".

So it is better to ask in another thread related to CCC or open a new one where people owning CCCs could see your question, so you can choose to update or not.

Cheers!

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-26-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

I don't have the welcome lights either in my CCC as mine is older to but they work perfect without it beeing in the CCC.

Weird thing is that I have the line in my TRC file.

Last edited by tom_il; 02-26-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

Am following this with great interest. My car has the LM2 standard and I would like to upgrade to LCI light (halogen) doing as close to OEM as possible.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tom_il
Am following this with great interest. My car has the LM2 standard and I would like to upgrade to LCI light (halogen) doing as close to OEM as possible.
If you are going to retrofit LCI headlights and tail lights at the same time, the coding part is going to be really easy; just add +MUEB to VO in CAS and LMA and code LMA with defaults using expert profile (without MAN file), and that's it. Fully OEM

The hard part is going to be the rewiring of the headlights, the installation involves cutting the connector that plugs to your existing headlights and mounting new connectors. Cables are short, there are a lot of them, and the space is very small to work comfortabily.

If you only want to retrofit one pair of lights (front or rear), then the coding process would be similar to BallyM5's

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-26-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Hi RoberMc i managed to to get a Lci pro nav from a 2008 car and fit that its a great improvement alot faster and responsive and as it was from a 2008 car it has the grey menu firmware update so now have welcome lights in menu and it also accepts my new 2013 disk with postcode function which the pre lci nav wasnt doing as it needed to be updated with new firmware
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 AM
New Members

My Ride: Sapphire black-stealth e60

So all i need to do is buy the cables nd lights i dont need to mess around with the lm modules??
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BallyM5
Hi RoberMc i managed to to get a Lci pro nav from a 2008 car and fit that its a great improvement alot faster and responsive and as it was from a 2008 car it has the grey menu firmware update so now have welcome lights in menu and it also accepts my new 2013 disk with postcode function which the pre lci nav wasnt doing as it needed to be updated with new firmware
Nice , you are like me, if it is available, go for it!

Originally Posted by E60murph
So all i need to do is buy the cables nd lights i dont need to mess around with the lm modules??
It depends of which LM you have in your car. Even if you have to replace the LM, it is a direct swap and only takes 5 minutes to do.

Also, i am pretty sure installing LCI tail lights with LM1 should be possible only building a plug adapter and with the proper coding. in theory it would be even an easy coding task.

I have even seen with my own eyes LCI headlights installed with LM1 and all their functions were working perfectly.

Quick Reply: Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights