DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Changing the orange LED to white LED on the cluster to look like M5 or

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530DA Individual shadowline -04 Blue onyx sonderlack Toyota Supra m/t mit single

Originally Posted by pinguhk
can not find any cluster for that price, most of them are over 200+
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=b...286.m270.l1313
Now it seems so yes. Sometimes there have been cheaper ones. couple weeks I looked one that was 30£ and 0 bids. But I agree 200+£ is a bit much
Old 06-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by viktor
Now it seems so yes. Sometimes there have been cheaper ones. couple weeks I looked one that was 30£ and 0 bids. But I agree 200+£ is a bit much
cool
if you see again please PM me
thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Good morning Pingu,
Believe it or not i bought my cluster from an eBay seller in Europe with the eBay name Tony_trans_am for only Euro £20.00 + shipping. It came brand new in the factory box with zero kms on the odometer. I checked this morning for you but there are no current postings. You may want to email this seller to determine if he has more available. The price is definately unbeatable and he was listing more than one cluster when i bought (approximately a month ago).

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530DA Individual shadowline -04 Blue onyx sonderlack Toyota Supra m/t mit single

Originally Posted by pinguhk
cool
if you see again please PM me
thanks
Will do so =)

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Good morning Pingu,
Believe it or not i bought my cluster from an eBay seller in Europe with the eBay name Tony_trans_am for only Euro £20.00 + shipping. It came brand new in the factory box with zero kms on the odometer. I checked this morning for you but there are no current postings. You may want to email this seller to determine if he has more available. The price is definately unbeatable and he was listing more than one cluster when i bought (approximately a month ago).

Good luck!
Those may be same ones which I looked as they were in metric system also. I believe those were from cars that were imported to GB, as some of BMWs have steering on the left but speedo in miles. I deleted it while ago from my watching list, darn.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Members

Double :S
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to share the results of my attempt. Thanks to you guys who started this and shared it with everybody else. Special thanks again to nomis_nehc for putting up with all my questions Below is what mine looks like. Went a bit crazy on the red marker due to me thinking it was going to be pink in the end but it turned out really nice! I did my dials a metalic silver and yellow strip for the cruise.

pic below with it dimmed all the way down.
Changing the orange LED to white LED on the cluster to look like M5 or-img_0236.jpg

pic below with it turned all the way up, sorry for the blurry pic!
Changing the orange LED to white LED on the cluster to look like M5 or-img_0237.jpg
Old 07-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nice, looks nice and clean

If you want to get rid of the hint of red on the needle, be sure to color the needle all the way down on the opposite side.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

thanks, I colored that thing on the top, bottom, everywhere else I can get red on except the sides, lol..... All in all, pretty stoked about it!! thanks again for your help
Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by suthurnbimmur
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to share the results of my attempt. Thanks to you guys who started this and shared it with everybody else. Special thanks again to nomis_nehc for putting up with all my questions Below is what mine looks like. Went a bit crazy on the red marker due to me thinking it was going to be pink in the end but it turned out really nice! I did my dials a metalic silver and yellow strip for the cruise.

pic below with it dimmed all the way down.
Attachment 109057

pic below with it turned all the way up, sorry for the blurry pic!
Attachment 109059
Silver dose look nice but on the LCI car it has the silver ring so it might be OTT.
At 1st it was very bright which I had to turn it down but after a few weeks my eyes were adapted to it and need to turn it up to full and soon my eye adapted that and it was OK on full light
Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Good morning Pingu,

Good luck!
thanks but I think he is only selling pre-LCI and non LCI version so looks like I need to take my out.

Quick Reply: Changing the orange LED to white LED on the cluster to look like M5 or