DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Center console question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Anyone know how to remove the wood piece on the center console without damaging it? I haven't tried it yet but I don't want to F it up so I figured I's ask here first.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Check the DIY or do a search. There is a thread with pictures and detailed instructions.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Feb 23 2005, 03:10 PM
Check the DIY or do a search. There is a thread with pictures and detailed instructions.
[snapback]93622[/snapback]
I did a search and could find the removal of everything except the piece that I want to remove.
I want to remove this piece: (Thanks for the pic, Lomag )
Attached Thumbnails Center console question-console.jpg  
Old 02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

This may help (once you remove this, you may expose some screws or clips):

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=...e=post&id=3187

Let me know if that does it. If not, I'll look some more tonight.

By the way, what are you trying to break now?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

You need to remove the I drive buttone fist by levering thn straight up and out, and then disconnecting them

Then the Idrive selector, just pull straight up, hard, it will pop off with enough force

Then the Selector lever covering. Put the car in N, pull the selector lever straghtup, DO NOT TWIST WHILE PULLING, it will pop with with quite some force applied.

Push the sides of the selector paner ( pat with P,N,D) towards the middle and the clips on the sides will pop out, disconnect its wires

On a manual you just push the leather shift boot towards the middle to get the clips to let go.

Now you will see two screws holding the wood piece on, remove them

now BMW says "open centre consol cover and press release button for centre consol cover and lever out finisher for storage tray at rear"
then pull finisher off towards the rear
Old 02-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Thanks. I knew you guys would come through! There's something I'm going to try this weekend. If it works I'll post pics. If it doesn't, well, maybe I'll still post pics.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Hey realtyman, this should do it all for you. (Don't ask me why BMW calls that the "center storage tray.")

Follow the links (rectangular boxes) to get to the other pages -- use the bookmarks to get back to where you were, etc.

Have fun....

Master_replacing_finisher_for_storage_tray.pdf
Old 02-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Thanks Rudy! You're the best
Old 02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

I spent some extra time on it since your car is white with SMG...
Old 02-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Quick Reply: Center console question