DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ///M5

I have a 2006 E60 M5. I want to get my car coded and need a list of what is possible with this year and the actual code. I also wanted to know if there is anyone in Norcal that can help me out. The guy that was support to help me has a K-line cable and I was told this won't work safely on a 2006 E60 and may brick the unit. I was told the DCAN-K cable is the one to use so if there is anyone in Norcal that can help me out without charging Indy shop prices please let me know. I contacted 2 companies and they are asking around $350+ depending upon how many codes I would like. They did not provide me a list and I was told to go to their shop and see what I would like. Too bad there shop is 2 hours from me so I passed on that. The guy I was going to go to is getting the cable so I can either wait for him (charging under a $100 for Euro SMG and codes) or find another helpful member.

Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mandrsn1
[MP3 functionality upgrade]

KMP3 in the FA-supplemented

Control unit: Cappl

MP3_CCC
full

[IPod interface retrofit]

IPOD in the FA supplement

Control unit: Cappl

MP3_CCC
external or full
CDC
active
Regarding these two upgrades above..

MP3 functionality upgrade........... What would this upgrade... I already have mp3 (however, it skips a bunch of songs.. dont know why )
IPod interface retrofit...... Will it work if I install OEM iPod Integration Kit instead of CDC (or Dension)
Great work... thanks again
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 AM
New Members

hi,
does anyone know how to disable Adaptive Headlight Error on My BMW E91 of 2006?
what module do I code and what is the function name?
pls help
Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
That forum is locked to new members and has been for quite some time.
Try this one: www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
New Members

Hello, anybody knows how to code from ACC (Active Cruise Control) to just Cruise Control on BMW e60 2003?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Hi, Just finished reading the entire thread... PHEW... I still have a lot of questions that are un-answered. Let me first give my status update.
E60 525i LCI: MY 03/07 Euro.
I have downloaded and installed the following software versions.
EDIABAS: 6.4.7 (Package 1.2 Whatever that is). Cannot seem to find 7.2 Link would be highly appreciated.
INPA: 5.0.1 (Update auf 5.0.2)
NCSEXPERT: 3.1.0

Questions:
1. Are there any newer versions of the softwares? If possible links to them would be highly appreciated.
2. What is the latest DATEN for E60LCI? I just put in V45, but I went to the dealer last month with injector problem, and they also upgraded the car to the very latest, mentioning that there is an update due to injector. AFAIK the car was updated around a year back. So assuming that there should be later versions available.

Any pointer? I have the cable and don't want to screw up by having an older version of software/daten files. Just want to make sure before screwing up. You can see in my signature I have a huge wish list. And have pretty much sourced all the hardwares, now, once I get hang of coding, I will start checking off items from that list.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Hi,
Coding attempt failed. I get the following error in NCS-Expert. Any ideas? INPA load seems to work. When I turn on the ignition both circles get black, however, when I turn off ignition both turns off, should the battery stay on? Any suggestion?
Attached Thumbnails Car Coding-ncs-error.png  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 PM
New Members

bump
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by likhan_s
Hi, Just finished reading the entire thread... PHEW... I still have a lot of questions that are un-answered. Let me first give my status update.
E60 525i LCI: MY 03/07 Euro.
I have downloaded and installed the following software versions.
EDIABAS: 6.4.7 (Package 1.2 Whatever that is). Cannot seem to find 7.2 Link would be highly appreciated.
INPA: 5.0.1 (Update auf 5.0.2)
NCSEXPERT: 3.1.0

Questions:
1. Are there any newer versions of the softwares? If possible links to them would be highly appreciated.
2. What is the latest DATEN for E60LCI? I just put in V45, but I went to the dealer last month with injector problem, and they also upgraded the car to the very latest, mentioning that there is an update due to injector. AFAIK the car was updated around a year back. So assuming that there should be later versions available.

Any pointer? I have the cable and don't want to screw up by having an older version of software/daten files. Just want to make sure before screwing up. You can see in my signature I have a huge wish list. And have pretty much sourced all the hardwares, now, once I get hang of coding, I will start checking off items from that list.

Thanks
First, if you just went to the dealer around Dec.2012 then you need to update your daten to 48.
Due to your year you need to have the correct cable as there was an ENET wiring change that month and year (03/2007). So most likely you are going to need to use the DCAN. This could very well be the issue. As far as changing some software, they probably only changed certain modules and not all of them as this would take a considerable amount of time and effort on their behalf. Make sure you have a good cable and the correct cable for the job.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by HeavyTireSmoke
I have a 2006 E60 M5. I want to get my car coded and need a list of what is possible with this year and the actual code. I also wanted to know if there is anyone in Norcal that can help me out. The guy that was support to help me has a K-line cable and I was told this won't work safely on a 2006 E60 and may brick the unit. I was told the DCAN-K cable is the one to use so if there is anyone in Norcal that can help me out without charging Indy shop prices please let me know. I contacted 2 companies and they are asking around $350+ depending upon how many codes I would like. They did not provide me a list and I was told to go to their shop and see what I would like. Too bad there shop is 2 hours from me so I passed on that. The guy I was going to go to is getting the cable so I can either wait for him (charging under a $100 for Euro SMG and codes) or find another helpful member.

Thanks again.
So did you get everyting worked out? It's been some time since your post. If not, PM me.

Quick Reply: Car Coding