DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ///M5

Hey guys, I am too lazy to go thru the whole thread. Any ideas where I could find a revised list that works on 06 E60s or can someone post the coding options with the encrypted code?

Thanks fellas. A Pm would be great.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by HeavyTireSmoke
Hey guys, I am too lazy to go thru the whole thread. Any ideas where I could find a revised list that works on 06 E60s or can someone post the coding options with the encrypted code?

Way to be honest. Honestly I'm too lazy to even ask what you'r talking about.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Way to be honest. Honestly I'm too lazy to even ask what you'r talking about.
Looking for a list of Coding options with the actual code that works on E60s.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by HeavyTireSmoke' timestamp='[url="tel:1336577613"
1336577613[/url]' post='1441108]
Looking for a list of Coding options with the actual code that works on E60s.
.To be honest you should read the thread....try post 17 to start with or google but I'm to lazy to check
Old 05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by HeavyTireSmoke

This is the thing that makes me so mad with forums just lately, ppl that are too lazy to help them selves and want every one to do there leg work for them.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Members

Well I am sorry guys. I just don't have the time to go thru each page. If I am apart of a huge thread like this and someone asks politely I usually guide them or just give the info if it isn't a hard task.

To each their own, I think these type of threads should be modified with all the important details diverted to the first page so its easier to get the info and if one wants to know something in detail of eachs experience then the search would be a option.

I guess I will just search when I have time. I would think being a member for a few years (my member name has changed since last year) I wouldn't be treated like a new guy on the block but thats fine with me. Funny I have been here longer than these guys who I am making "mad" but thats pretty funny to me. I have had my M5 for 4 years going onto 5 years and I can't even recall how many pm's I have gotten where I have helped members that are new with not getting "MAD" or being rude even if it was a lazy or stupid answer that involved a search. You guys don't think I did a quick search? I did and there is so much info and just wanted to know if anyone had something revised, tested and that worked.

How do you get mad on a forum by someone saying there lazy. I guess I should have just said that I am not really lazy but more studying for a national exam that takes up so much of my time searching and studying and the last thing I really want to do is search the forum for something some might just have as a PDF.

If someone wants to lend a hand, plz pm me. Thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

If you look back those member(s) that got "mad" still listed as joined before you ... by at least a few years (give 'r take).
Maybe I missed the particular post but which one is newer than you in the past 5 posts? ... sorry I'm lazy to look a few post back ...
Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

Let's see:

The economy sucks.
Conquest is failing.
WMD's haven't been found.
People have died without reason
gas prices are rising.
Ethanol is driving up food prices.
Housing market sucks
Unemployment is high
Cancer epidemic

So yes, normal hard working people do not like "free riders" Especailly when taking all of the above compounding factors into consideration. There is a thread here that has all the info you're looking for and it isn't this one. It's in the DIY section. It took each one of us collaboration and many dreaded hours to do what you want to. We like to help but the way you came off is just like "give me" and the world doesn't work like that. Well not in my world anyway.

If you're studying, I understand and apologize for everyone, but perhaps you should not be taking on a project like this. espcially when you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to coding options. Wait for a time when you have time and can patiently tackle whatever you want and then ask for a hand. We do not know what you want to change or the stats of your car! Not every car has the same hardware or options available to them. good luck w exam
Old 05-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Members

Thanks for the reply guys. I have been on here since early 2008 (different account name as E60.net wouldn't let me log into my account so I started a new one) btw so not much of a difference from 09 that the others members posted. Still shouldn't be treated like a newbie as I do have a good amount of info on the M5 model. I aint no "free rider" lol...To be categorized in one post is pretty harsh. I do however ask for help on the forums and if some guidance to a page would be nice as we are not all smart as one another but this time I was just being straight up honest that there is a lot of info and yes its very useful but I am not doing this mod myself so it wouldn't apply to me but never the less, I aint bypassing the fact the ppl put their time and heart into the info. I feel the same and proud when I share my knowledge and its always nice to be appreciated but to be talked down to for being honest is quite insulting. I guess to each their own.

I understand that I am not knowledgeable about these coding options but studying medical takes up a lot of my brain capacity so its not the easiest thing for me right now to understand and apply and if I did have time I would do the research and go buy what I need and do this as I have done more complex mods before when I was free. I am actually going to get this done from someone and thought it would be nice to know the list of options and their codes before so I don't have to kill to much time and I can help him out by referencing the codes. I now have searched and found a few other sites as well as this one with the info.

So if anyone comes across my post recently, PM me and I can send you some info on what options will work and the list I was looking for. I just haven't found the codes for all options yet.

I do realize I came across a hooker asking for money but I guess I was just zoned out that day and seen this mod and was excited to get it done once I found someone. Anyways I don't mean to be rude, I just am honest and just posted something that came across wrong. PEACE
Old 05-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Senior Members

Still don't know what you want man, you never said

Quick Reply: Car Coding