DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CAPPL coding strangeness?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excuse my ingorance or bad English but what do you mean with this:
you then have to code the car (or at least CAPPL, CGATE, CTUNE, and the two other CCC apps I can't remember) for the CCC to get coded to the new FA
Do you mean add the MP3_CCC -> aktiv code in all those module's?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by leceur
Excuse my ingorance or bad English but what do you mean with this:

Do you mean add the MP3_CCC -> aktiv code in all those module's?
no, once you've added the +KMP3 to the FA (which you already did) you then start NCSExpert over again, and once you identify the car, just press "Process car" down at the bottom (F2? F3? don't remember right now) and it will code the entire car with the FA. Otherwise, you can select the CCAPL module and recode that, then the CTUNE, then CGATE, etc.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

I understand and we have sung multiple lullaby songs, but no go. To be serious. It doesn't even get that far. I program the CAPPL module and immedaitely read it back but it defaults back to the previous setting....
As mentioned by markie, you have to let the car go into sleepmodus before you perform a new readout.
Did you remove the two lines under MP3_CCC nicht_aktiv and extern, it must only be full and not the three at the same time.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Members

@545Felix : thanks will need to do that the next time he is here (if he wants to travel the long drive again).

@SAS : yes I only used the FULL option and removed the rest, but still it is not stciking in the CAPPL module.

To be honest I think this car needs it's entire software to be updated by BMW. During coding of other modules I have seen strange things, and like the Acoustic option I programmed. It was in his iDrive menu when I first added it, then the second time he was here the options were gone from the iDirve, but the sounds were still there, and there is no way for me to write anything to CAPPL and stay put...
Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

@545Felix : thanks will need to do that the next time he is here (if he wants to travel the long drive again).

@SAS : yes I only used the FULL option and removed the rest, but still it is not stciking in the CAPPL module.

To be honest I think this car needs it's entire software to be updated by BMW. During coding of other modules I have seen strange things, and like the Acoustic option I programmed. It was in his iDrive menu when I first added it, then the second time he was here the options were gone from the iDirve, but the sounds were still there, and there is no way for me to write anything to CAPPL and stay put...
When you code sound options or any other, you also have to recode all modules related to CCC = CAPPL: CAUDI, CHOST, CGATE, CTUNE
Old 01-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Members

I seem to have the same problem with programming CAPPL. No issue with the other modules... After programming VIDEO_DENY or ACOUSTIC they do not work. If I then reread the ECU, it gives me the values I have programmed. This baffles me...

What I am going to try next is to remove the DENSION gateway 500 and AVR to see if that will allow me to do the programming.

So far I have successfully coded the other modules.

Will keep you posted, but am open to suggestions.

Liam
Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

p.s. here are allt he options he has installed:
$169$205$216$226$2RA$302$415$438$441$442$502$508$5 22$524$534$540$548$563$638$672$785$818$851$863$877 $886$896$915$235$609$620+B110
As far as your LMA, that's normal.
Load up the expert profile and change the FA and write +KMP3 to CAS and LMA both. While you're at it, write +NAUX as well and put an aux cord in the car for his phone or mp3 player or whatever.
Then re-load NCS and do process car. Once this is done the FA is changed and now go in and re-do all of your coding. lol

Software isn't going to fix the issue. Coding is simply coding. You may not doing it correctly. Use the entire edited MAN file to code to CAPPL

But to make you feel better, I too am having some issues coding to CAPPL as of last night lol. But after you process car you should be ok to code.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today I tried to add +KMP3 to one of my friend's E65 (645Ci Series Convertible) which has all its software at ancient level and I couldn't WRITE_FA to CAS/LMA. WRITE_FA job will not report any errors but it in next NCS session it won't appear once you read VO.

Also any change made to the CAPPL MAN file using Revtor's profile wasn't persisting, it will reset back to what it was. Didn't try coding whole car (not had full backup incase something goes wrong) neither I tried coding big man file.

How did you guys sort this out? Why won't it take the updated .man file, its a normal operation.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
As far as your LMA, that's normal.
Load up the expert profile and change the FA and write +KMP3 to CAS and LMA both. While you're at it, write +NAUX as well and put an aux cord in the car for his phone or mp3 player or whatever.
Then re-load NCS and do process car. Once this is done the FA is changed and now go in and re-do all of your coding. lo

Software isn't going to fix the issue. Coding is simply coding. You may not doing it correctly. Use the entire edited MAN file to code to CAPPL

But to make you feel better, I too am having some issues coding to CAPPL as of last night lol. But after you process car you should be ok to code.
well well.... lastnight i was trying to give you a step by step and at same time wanted to do CAPPL but keep getting errors! Now my FM station doesn't work correctly, all audio works fine except FM. Cannot process car. I believe it's due to CCCAP.CAO something. I don't have the snapshot available at this moment.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AI001
Today I tried to add +KMP3 to one of my friend's E65 (645Ci Series Convertible) which has all its software at ancient level and I couldn't WRITE_FA to CAS/LMA. WRITE_FA job will not report any errors but it in next NCS session it won't appear once you read VO.

Also any change made to the CAPPL MAN file using Revtor's profile wasn't persisting, it will reset back to what it was. Didn't try coding whole car (not had full backup incase something goes wrong) neither I tried coding big man file.

How did you guys sort this out? Why won't it take the updated .man file, its a normal operation.
The full backup is the VO. If you just process car with a blank man it will default to the VO so no way you can really mess anything up.

Quick Reply: CAPPL coding strangeness?