DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Battery Registration and more....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Loni313
Nevermind, got it
To be honest, I haven't tried the install yet. I don't know what you're talking about. But if\when I run into it, where is it?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by balbs
To be honest, I haven't tried the install yet. I don't know what you're talking about. But if\when I run into it, where is it?

I had no luck with the Link on this thread, unless you pay to register with the site you'll have to D/L each file one by one. It was a little confusing.
Instead I downloaded the program from the link in the thread i posted above, Its off the Bimmerfest forums.
Here's the direct link to the Ediabas/INPA download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6J0PDGR8
Its one big .RAR ZIP file, you will need a program like WINRAR to unzip it, you can download WINRAR free from Download.cnet.com.
After you download Ediabas and unzip it, go to "Install Instructions.PDF" file and just follow the directions step by step.
If you have a older laptop laying around w/ a older Windows OS like XP installed use that, It does not work well with Vista and Windows 7 especially 64-Bit, you will have to open them in XP compatibility mode. I got INPA to Run on my 64-bit Vista but i couldn't get NCSexpert to run so i just deleted everything and downloaded it all on a older Gateway Laptop w/ XP that that i've always used just for Vag-Com,Lemmie Winks and ECUX for my Audi, So im using that for Ediabas/INPA

I still need to order a cable before i can say everything is working correctly, But as of now both INPA and NCS open up w/ no problems.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
http://cgi.ebay.com/...omotiveQ5fTools

Here is the cable. I ended up buying the entire package from that seller because INPA doesn't do much and many INPA's are floating around incomplete. I needed SSS specifically.
Which versions of the software came with the package? Is it newer than the one in the previous link to N4shared?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Members

Any other development on this?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 528IA

http://cgi.ebay.com/...omotiveQ5fTools

Here is the cable. I ended up buying the entire package from that seller because INPA doesn't do much and many INPA's are floating around incomplete. I needed SSS specifically.
Just decided to buy this cable and it is on its way! Now first want to register the battery I bought this week and downloaded the software to take a look at it and need to know what the steps to do it. Have a 528i 08 and basically if you could tell us simple 1,23 steps to follow to do this will be really helpful. Thanks,
Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Members

Hello, newbie question ..I've been reading through other forums in regards of restrain error for airbags. My question is, would this do the job of resetting that error? I appreciate any help..
Old 02-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by dalabera
Just decided to buy this cable and it is on its way! Now first want to register the battery I bought this week and downloaded the software to take a look at it and need to know what the steps to do it. Have a 528i 08 and basically if you could tell us simple 1,23 steps to follow to do this will be really helpful. Thanks,
We're always here to help
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 528IA

Thank you, Now I understand!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Members

Can you please let me know which steps to follow too?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by balbs
Which versions of the software came with the package? Is it newer than the one in the previous link to N4shared?
Not sure what N4Shared link is or has..it's the latest versions though. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Battery Registration and more....