DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Any one got the official retro PDF for Adaptive Xenons ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

A future project will adding adaptive Xenons to my 2006 E60 525D, I miss Xenons from my M3

I've got some of the parts already AKA the lights and the local headlight ECUs already

From the Retro kit parts list I know I need couple of looms from BMW and a brand new lighting module - fair enough it not a straight swap

Checking the wiring diagrams
The main change for the adaptive lights, other than adding level sensors, is instead of the lighting ECU driving the levelling motors directly
you rewire the lower 3 pin connector to talk to the extra little ECU below the headlight. In effect you add a databus to headlights rather than a current drive.

I've got good information on how it works and the wiring, I've also got access to a standard Xenon retro fit guide from 2004,
does anyone have a copy of the EBA retrofit for E60 adaptive Xenons, and could give me access to as this makes the process easier Please ?

Plus does anyone have any advice on this retro, I know it needs a brand new lighting ECU (260 pounds) in the car (BMW have habit of storing mileage as a backup copy in these things) It will need coding for sure, but do the headlights "little" ECUs also have to uncoded ? they cost about 60 pounds each
If not there might be an option on secondhand ones.

Many thanks

MAE60D