DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Adding speed camera POI to your SatNav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologies to all for not responding but I have moved house and since then my pc is currently stuck in the garage making use of it very difficult.

I'm now connecting to it via my laptop from the lounge so am now back online again

Those of you who mailed me should now have a response and I'll catch up here shortly .
Old 11-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iant' post='338963' date='Sep 26 2006, 09:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I have tried following all of these instructions, but have a couple of questions.

I dont have TDP-GRP 10001, in fact all the numbers are two digits. Do i create this? Much the same with the rest of the edit, i only seem to have two digit numbers in my LSC file (Maybe i have a differant disc?) (I have a VDO 2006-1 disc & a 2004-1 disc and both look similar when i open them)
I have the database, vedit & cygwin along with a bundle of blank DVD's. Just need a little guidence as i am keen to do this myself rather than buy a ready done disc from Ebay!
I have installed cygwin and it seems to work although i get a no such file or directory error at this point!

Maybe im beyond help and should go back to Ebay???
What model/year of BMW do you have and level of Navigation - Professional or Business?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by eazyrog' post='349910' date='Oct 29 2006, 04:34 PM
Hi Mathmos/BM5 team,

I'm not the best with computers and really want this dvd, i live in the UK and woundered if there's anyone who is willing to get me a copy, i have no worries in giving a contribution to support.

Thanks
I'm afraid I can't supply you with a DVD because BMW and Navteq lawyers would jump on me from a great height! :'( Someone else might do it for you but sorry I'm not prepared to take the risk.

However I'm more than happy to help you do it yourself, it really isn't that difficult and once you've done it the once its a doddle to do it in the future for updates. So if you would like some help drop me a PM and I'll do what I can to help.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Members

Can any of this be done for Canadian e60s?
Thanks again guys!!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Almighty JungleBoy' post='351101' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:24 AM
Can any of this be done for Canadian e60s?
Thanks again guys!!
Yes it can.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:26 AM
vcx
Members

Quick update re adding Safety Camera POIs...

My details:
- E63 (6 Series), Sept 2004
- Navigation Professional (i.e. with DVD)
- CIP E060-06-09-520 (i.e. CIP v23.00.00 - Target Data Status: E060-06-09-520 )

ISSUE 1: Safety Camera POIs added to Nav Pro DVD working fine until CIP upgrade.
RESOLUTION: Different DVD burn settings are required to those posted by Mathmos - no Joliet file system (perhaps Mathmos can update his 'How To' pages?).

Thanks to all the input in this forum I added Safety Camera POIs for the UK and this has been working for about 4 months with regular POI updates. However, after complaining about the Nav system hanging/freezing, my dealer upgraded my system to the above version (i.e. v23) - then only the original nav DVD worked, but none of the DVDs I had previously burned worked at all (Nav system didn't recognise the edited DVD and I got the message "Please insert Navigation DVD").

Mathmos' instructions (Step 15) say you should use ISO, Joliet and UDF (i.e. all 3 are ticked). It appears that the latest software version doesn't like the Joliet file system at all, therefore make sure only ISO and UDF are ticked. All other steps are the same.

Some other things I've found:
- DVD-RW and DVD+RW formats both work fine (DVD+RW seems to run faster).
- Burn DVDs at 2x speed (can be burned faster, but 2x is the most reliable speed at the moment).
- UltraISO v8.5 can be used for the entire process (don't need to use DVD Decrypter if you don't want to).

ISSUE 2: Driver has to re-enable POI everytime car is started.
RESOLUTION: Upgrade to CIP v23 (Target Data Status: E060-06-09-520) resolves this.

One of the things that irritated me was that once I'd enabled the Safety Camera POIs (or any POIs) through the NAV system, everytime I switched the car off it would disable POIs - so when I started the car again, I would have to go to map view and re-enable POIs (i.e. the 'I' icon in map view would be crossed out - meaning POIs are disabled). With the latest version of the system software it remembers if your POIs were enabled and so when you restart your car you don't have to go and re-enable POIs everytime (Mathmos, I know you were trying to find a voice command to do this - you just need an upgrade now!).

Hope this makes sense and helps!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 AM
Contributors

Thanks vcx

How To at http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/ updated.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i, Production Date May 2005

Originally Posted by mathmos' post='286518' date='May 23 2006, 10:28 PM
This process works for European and USA owners as well and not just in the UK. The only difference is you will be editing the .lsc file that is appropriate to your chosen language.
Hi,

Will the POI work with Australian Navigation Professional? I'm thinking of especially the location of Speed Cameras and traffic Red Lights.

Cheerz
Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

2007-1 is out now of course.

Does anyone yet know if, for 2007-1, any elements of the process has changed as it did beteween between 2006-1 and 2006-2?

ABC
Old 11-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by daMANiack' post='355102' date='Nov 12 2006, 05:24 AM
Hi,

Will the POI work with Australian Navigation Professional? I'm thinking of especially the location of Speed Cameras and traffic Red Lights.

Cheerz
Yes it will. I know Australian owners who have successfully done this.

Quick Reply: Adding speed camera POI to your SatNav DVD