Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Window Washing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 05:49 AM
SDS
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 20 2005, 06:40 PM
[quote name='tachyon' date='Sep 20 2005, 03:24 PM']I just ordered the window cleaner wipes at Griot's Garage (along with a bunch of microfiber towels and other stuff) ... placed the order online yesterday morning and the box just arrived at my house.?? ?? Now that's service.

Excuse me while I go try the wipes ...

hey, that stuff works well.? I finally got rid of the chlorine smears on the inside of the windshield.??

Hat tip to Stream.? Thanks.
[snapback]172865[/snapback]
Yep--they're the best I've ever used. After you use them, you can't believe how clear your glass could be!
[snapback]172872[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'll have to order some too. I've been trying just a damp mf cloth and then drying with another dry mf cloth, not bad but not great. I'll try you way.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:51 AM
SDS
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 20 2005, 06:40 PM
[quote name='tachyon' date='Sep 20 2005, 03:24 PM']I just ordered the window cleaner wipes at Griot's Garage (along with a bunch of microfiber towels and other stuff) ... placed the order online yesterday morning and the box just arrived at my house.?? ?? Now that's service.

hey, that stuff works well.? I finally got rid of the chlorine smears on the inside of the windshield.??

Yep--they're the best I've ever used. After you use them, you can't believe how clear your glass could be!
[/quote]

Forgot, --- tell me your procedure. do you dry with a mf cloth after using the Griot window cleaner wipes???
Old 09-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by SDS' date='Sep 21 2005, 06:51 AM
[quote name='stream' date='Sep 20 2005, 06:40 PM'][quote name='tachyon' date='Sep 20 2005, 03:24 PM']I just ordered the window cleaner wipes at Griot's Garage (along with a bunch of microfiber towels and other stuff) ... placed the order online yesterday morning and the box just arrived at my house.? ? Now that's service.

hey, that stuff works well.? I finally got rid of the chlorine smears on the inside of the windshield.?

[/quote]

Forgot, --- tell me your procedure. do you dry with a mf cloth after using the Griot window cleaner wipes???
[snapback]173133[/snapback]
[/quote]

I dry with Griot's lint free towels--see my response above for link.