Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Update on Rejex

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 535d M-Sport, sold 2006 530i Olivine Green, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation System

Have read all of the accolades in the E60 forums on using Rejex.

In summary:
1) Most folks agree that this product is super to use on wheels to make it easier to remove brake dust.
2) Some folks use this product on their paint and trim instead of wax.
3) Some folks use it on their windows instead of Rain-X.

Since it wasn't clear at least to me whether this product has been on the market very long, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has been using it on their E60 for any of the above applications for a period of over a year, and if so, whether their impressions of it's effectiveness or desirability have changed.

Appreciate your advice!

Best regards,
Gordie
Old 06-26-2005, 04:06 PM
JDN
Contributors

Yep and nope.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I've been using RejeX on my cars for around 3 years. I use it on my windshield, wheels and exhaust tips. For painted surfaces, I prefer One Grand Blitz wax--high quality carnauba wax--easy on/off and lasts a long time.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Any die hard paint guy will tell you to go with carnuba wax for a good shine and protection. make sure you clay off the grime and old wax first. wax multiple layers allowing giving each layer enough time to bond with the surface. Okay, the "rejex gang" is upset by now and probably PMing me as they read this. Hey, rejex is has gotten good results from many members here. It's your car and paint...
Old 06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Jun 26 2005, 09:43 PM
Any die hard paint guy will tell you to go with carnuba wax for a good shine and protection.? make sure you clay off the grime and old wax first.? wax multiple layers allowing giving each layer enough time to bond with the surface.? Okay, the "rejex gang" is upset by now and probably PMing me as they read this.? Hey, rejex is has gotten good results from many members here.? It's your car and paint...
[snapback]143305[/snapback]
No sweat from this RejeX fan, Breae60. To each his own. I've had plenty of experience trying to keep a clean car and RejeX is just the ticket for me. I may get a smidge of a deeper shine with carnuba, but it could not retain the slick-to-the-touch quality that I have found will stay with RejeX after many washings. I never need clay and don't expect to. RejeX is the answer to a lazy man's prayer for a sharp looking E60. But, again, to each his own. No problem with me what each chooses to use, but I've made my choice.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

answer to a lazy man's prayer
That would be me.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jun 26 2005, 11:34 PM
[quote name='Breae60' date='Jun 26 2005, 09:43 PM']Any die hard paint guy will tell you to go with carnuba wax for a good shine and protection.? make sure you clay off the grime and old wax first.? wax multiple layers allowing giving each layer enough time to bond with the surface.? Okay, the "rejex gang" is upset by now and probably PMing me as they read this.? Hey, rejex is has gotten good results from many members here.? It's your car and paint...
No sweat from this RejeX fan, Breae60. To each his own. I've had plenty of experience trying to keep a clean car and RejeX is just the ticket for me. I may get a smidge of a deeper shine with carnuba, but it could not retain the slick-to-the-touch quality that I have found will stay with RejeX after many washings. I never need clay and don't expect to. RejeX is the answer to a lazy man's prayer for a sharp looking E60. But, again, to each his own. No problem with me what each chooses to use, but I've made my choice.
[snapback]143335[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree completely, especially since my car is Titanium Silver. I simply can't get my car to get the "wet look" and I honestly can't tell the difference between using Zymol/Souveran/P21S and just plain-old Rejex. I do polish the car from time to time using either 3M Imperial Hand Glaze or Zymol HD Cleanse, both of which do make a noticeable difference, but in the end, it doesn't really matter when it comes to the silver paint, so I like the easy-on/easy-off Rejex.

Having said that, on my folks' black Lexus, I use HD Cleanse + Zymol Vintage (from the sampler kit) and get superb results, albeit, with a lot of elbow grease. And yes, I can definitely tell the difference between Rejex and a fine carnauba wax on that black car.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2014 535d M-Sport, sold 2006 530i Olivine Green, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation System

Originally Posted by fuenfer' date='Jun 28 2005, 05:17 PM
[quote name='JDN' date='Jun 26 2005, 11:34 PM'][quote name='Breae60' date='Jun 26 2005, 09:43 PM']Any die hard paint guy will tell you to go with carnuba wax for a good shine and protection.? make sure you clay off the grime and old wax first.? wax multiple layers allowing giving each layer enough time to bond with the surface.? Okay, the "rejex gang" is upset by now and probably PMing me as they read this.? Hey, rejex is has gotten good results from many members here.? It's your car and paint...
[/quote]

I agree completely, especially since my car is Titanium Silver. I simply can't get my car to get the "wet look" and I honestly can't tell the difference between using Zymol/Souveran/P21S and just plain-old Rejex. I do polish the car from time to time using either 3M Imperial Hand Glaze or Zymol HD Cleanse, both of which do make a noticeable difference, but in the end, it doesn't really matter when it comes to the silver paint, so I like the easy-on/easy-off Rejex.

Having said that, on my folks' black Lexus, I use HD Cleanse + Zymol Vintage (from the sampler kit) and get superb results, albeit, with a lot of elbow grease. And yes, I can definitely tell the difference between Rejex and a fine carnauba wax on that black car.
[snapback]143938[/snapback]
[/quote]

My net of the excellent feedback from all of the folks above who have taken the time to respond to my questions is that for wheels and windows no one disagrees with using Rejex. For painted sufaces there are those who prefer Wax over Rejex.

From the post above, maybe there is a partial explanation why...

For a non-metallic finish, the wet look finish obtainable from wax is necessary to get the same relective properties that are partially built-in to the base metalic finishes so that the difference is not as apparent between Wax and Rejex.

Any comments?

BTW, thanks for all of your informative responses.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:56 AM
JDN
Contributors

Maybe wax will give a bit of depth that RejeX or some other polymer won't, but, IMO:

1) I only notice any additional depth when very close to the paint and soon after or during application.

2) Over the long haul, RejeX will give more months of satisfaction with a vehicle's appearance than wax.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jun 26 2005, 10:34 PM
[quote name='Breae60' date='Jun 26 2005, 09:43 PM']Any die hard paint guy will tell you to go with carnuba wax for a good shine and protection.? make sure you clay off the grime and old wax first.? wax multiple layers allowing giving each layer enough time to bond with the surface.? Okay, the "rejex gang" is upset by now and probably PMing me as they read this.? Hey, rejex is has gotten good results from many members here.? It's your car and paint...
[/quote]
JDN, right on...you are correct. No offense to the rejex or its users. I'm a little overweight and need the workout from claying and waxing. Like I said, some of the members car here looks great with rejex.