Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

UK Screen Wash

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

I usually buy the pre mixed 5l premium from Halfords, from memory it's rated to -6c (the std is -3c), I've come to realise that it is way to strong for purpose and possibly linked to the fact BMW don't move the blades for us LHD buyers I find the drivers side loves to leave streaks of grime whilst the passenger has a clear view (weird i know), what i've been doing this winter is thinning out the pre mixed screen wash, today when i got in the car it was -2.5c, the mix in the washer bottle was a 3:1 (screenwash/water), it worked a treat.

Just a tip if your getting streaks and a nauseating smell of screenwash because it's to strong.
Old 01-22-2008 | 04:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='521134' date='Jan 22 2008, 07:33 AM
I usually buy the pre mixed 5l premium from Halfords, from memory it's rated to -6c (the std is -3c), I've come to realise that it is way to strong for purpose and possibly linked to the fact BMW don't move the blades for us LHD buyers I find the drivers side loves to leave streaks of grime whilst the passenger has a clear view (weird i know), what i've been doing this winter is thinning out the pre mixed screen wash, today when i got in the car it was -2.5c, the mix in the washer bottle was a 3:1 (screenwash/water), it worked a treat.

Just a tip if your getting streaks and a nauseating smell of screenwash because it's to strong.
Thanks for the tip, I too am experimenting with different mixes. I hate washing the windscreen and then getting streaks / foam all over the car. +1 on the wiper arrangement for us in the UK, can't be that hard for BMW to reverse the system...
Old 01-28-2008 | 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

The last 5 series that had the wipers correctly was the E34.

You would really think they would have learned from already "forgetting" to redesign on the E39 and doing it right for the E60/61 again.
Old 02-02-2008 | 05:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

The wiper arrangement is something that I keep reading people from the UK complaining about. I just don't get what the problem is? Ok, so the top right corner of the window doesn't get wiped, but the bottom does. To be honest I'm more likely to benefit from looking downward (towards the road) than into the sky. So, why don't you guy's like the set-up. I'd go as far as saying I prefer the wipers working this way, especially with the 'cam' effect of the drivers side wiper. I also think the flatblades work great too.